Rana Daggubati says he is very happy that both his films Baahubali 2: The Conclusion and Ghazi, were honoured at the 65 National Film Awards. The handsome hunk Rana Daggubati played the role of Ballaladeva in the fantasy epic drama. "It really brought in the real big cinema in a big way in India". "'Ghazi' is one film that I am extremely proud of". But it did well at the box office in all languages - Telugu, Hindi and has now won a National award. It is a submarine war film. "Thanks to the committee for recognizing our teams work in Action and Visual Effects categories as well (sic)", tweeted director SS Rajamouli, who helmed Baahubali franchise. "That it did not have the songs or a love story but ultimately we (who believed in the story) went to succeed", he noted.
Late actress Sridevi was conferred with the Best Actress award for her film "Mom" following which her daughters, Janhvi Kapoor and Khushi Kapoor along with their father, Boney Kapoor released a joint statement to express their happiness. Taking to Twitter, a proud Rana adds, "The most satisfying journeys and destinations I have had by being part of telling these fantastic stories".
- Watch Nicki Minaj's selfie-inspired video for 'Chun-Li'
- Morgan Stanley Trims Tupperware Brands (TUP) Target Price to $47.00
- Saturday's Outlook: What To Expect From The Severe Weather Threat
- Lloyds Banking Group PLC (LYG) Receives Average Rating of "Hold" from Analysts
- TIAA CREF Investment Management LLC Raises Holdings in Invesco (NYSE:IVZ)
- 3G Capital Partners LP Holds Stake in Comcast Corp New (CMCSA)
- Berkshire Hathaway INC Increased Its Us Bancorp Del (USB) Stake
- Iran renews pledge to stand with Syria
- Palo Alto Networks (NYSE:PANW) Given News Sentiment Score of 0.27
- Storm Team 11 Forecast: Nice Saturday, Storms on Suday