Torontonians could be in for a slippery commute tomorrow morning.
The statement includes warnings for freezing rain and a potential ice storm this weekend.
Temperatures were expected to drop back down to 0 C Thursday night, while Friday was expected to bring a high of 4 C and a 60 per cent chance of rain.
Some freezing rain is possible in the morning Thursday, April 12, Environment Canada says.
Here in Stratford, we could see a few hours of freezing rain Saturday and Sunday but it's expected because of where the city is located that it will remain normal rain that will fall most of Saturday and Sunday.
Environment Canada says it's unclear which areas will be most affected by the anticipated ice storm, but areas farther north and over higher terrain are likely to be impacted the most.
Environment Canada has issued a special weather statement for a good portion of southern Ontario, including Waterloo Region, Wellington County and surrounding areas.
"Precipitation may start out as rain, but increasing northeasterly winds will draw colder air from an arctic high pressure system to the north, resulting in a changeover to freezing rain".
The ice storm could have major implications for some of the northern regions as there is the possibility of ice accumulations higher than 20 millimetres.
The national weather agency added that driving conditions could also be "hazardous" in some areas. In some areas, Environment Canada said, there could be more than 22 mm of ice accumulation - enough to down trees and cause widespread power outages.
For Toronto, precipitation is in the forecast for the next week.
- Pretty Bad Rating Given to Shire (NASDAQ:SHPG) By a Liberum Capital
- Ulta Salon Cosmetics & Fragrance Inc (NASDAQ:ULTA) Institutional Investor Sentiment
- Worldwide community needs to respond after Syria attack, agrees May
- PACcoin ($PAC) Hits 24 Hour Trading Volume of $695785.00
- Sarasota deputies make arrest in viral video road rage incident
- Intentions Seeker Stock: AK Steel Holding Corp (AKS)
- Saudi Arabia intercepts MISSILE over Riyadh as three EXPLOSIONS rock capital
- Pep Guardiola and Liverpool charged by UEFA following Champions League tie
- AMD systems gain Spectre protection with latest Windows fixes
- Nabors Industries LTD (NYSE:NBR) Move as Institutional Investors' Sentiment Improved