Ithaca police say they are still searching for a man who tried to sexually assault a woman last month in Collegetown.
On Sunday about 11 a.m., Eduardo Antonio Chavarria-Diaz was taken into custody without incident at a home in the 100 block of South 9th St.in Richmond.
On Saturday, Palo Alto police obtained a search warrant in connection with the case. The victim reported being sexually assaulted by Munson on or around school grounds during the time that he was being mentored.
According to police, between 2005 and 2007 while the then-juvenile was enrolled at the school, Munson was assigned to mentor the student. After the attack, the suspect fled on foot and the victim flagged down a passerby for help.
According to the affidavit for Roberts' arrest, the victim called police from an "e-pole" - one of the mobile phone stations set up across the university's campus that offer communication with the police department.
He was booked for three felonies, including assault with a deadly weapon, kidnapping and sexual penetration by force. Additional charges for the crime in Oakland may be forthcoming.
Johnstown police detectives charged Timothy Russell Hughes, 44, with aggravated indecent assault of a child, indecent assault of a person less than 13 years of age, corruption of minors and indecent exposure.
- Fashion Designer Arrested For Raping His 2 Minor Daughters
- Key Market Mover: Valley National Bancorp (VLY)
- Kentucky's Sacha Killeya-Jones to transfer after two seasons
- Capitals' Grubauer will start Game 1 vs. Blue Jackets over Holtby
- Gap Inc (NYSE:GPS) Institutional Investor Sentiment
- Pakistan and China are iron brothers, says PM Abbasi
- Miami Marlins claim British Virgin Islands citizenship to avoid Florida courtrooms
- Eye Catching Stock for Investors: Discovery Communications, Inc. (DISCK)
- "The Simpsons" Blows Off Criticism of Apu
- Kathua rape & murder: JK Police file chargesheet in court