Manika Batra was superb for the Indians, winning both of her singles matches, including a win over the current world number 4 in her first match.
Yadav and Thakur's haul took India's overall weightlifting medal tally to five gold, a silver and two bronze medals so far, a performance made special by the fact that a lot of them nursed varying niggles and did not have access to a full-time physio owing to an accreditation goof-up for which none has taken responsibility so far.
India will now take on three-time champions Malaysia in the finals on Monday. His snatch effort was a new Games record.
India won the first bronze medal in the Commonwealth Games Day 4 by Deepak Bagher. He then surprised her by getting down on one knee, producing an engagement ring and popping the question. If they were, what they did is beat their idols in the final to win a CWG gold for the very first time. Ravi Kumar scored 224.1 in the finals. "I did not want to kept her settle so I changed my rubber after the second game", she added.
Today, it was Punam Yadav's turn to deliver the now-customary gold medal from weightlifting.
All eyes were on Manika Batra as the 22-year-old stood up for the second time, this time against Yihan Zhou in match four of the event. India's weightlifter Vikas Thakur put the third bronze medal in the Indian side.
Mao in the meanwhile went on to lift an incredible 211kg to reach a total of 360kg and assure himself of a gold medal.
The shuttlers continued their dominant run in the Mixed Team competition.
England won the bronze medal with a 3-0 win over Australia.
"They had to drag us to play".
The lone loss for India, their first at the Games, came when Satwik Rankireddy and Chirag Shetty lost their men's doubles encounter.
With this win, the team bettered their previous-best performance at the Commonwealth Games.
Having set New Zealand junior records as a male before her transition, Hubbard's inclusion on the Gold Coast has led to claims from opponents that she holds an unfair advantage.
- Kroger (NYSE:KR) Shares Bought by Ladenburg Thalmann Financial Services Inc
- Manu Bhaker, Punam Yadav win gold at CWG 2018
- Cauvery: SC asks Centre to draft scheme by 3 May
- Salman Khan gets bail, to resume shoot of Race 3
- USA and France deny attack on Syrian air base
- Johnson Controls Inc Institutional Investor Sentiment Increased in 2017 Q4
- China's SenseTime closes $600 mln funding led by Alibaba
- Syria - The latest, 14 killed in airstrike
- Commonwealth Games 2018: Weightlifter Pardeep Singh bags silver in men's 105kg event
- 3 dead after shooting on private adult-themed Rockford bus