India now have 15 medals at the Gold Coast Games with 8 Gold, 3 Silver and 4 Bronze.
Veteran shooter Jitu Rai and his compatriot Om Mitharval have bagged gold and bronze medals, respectively, in the men's 10m Air Pistol event of the 21st Commonwealth Games. He kicked off by creating a CWG record in the qualification round of the 50m pistol event with 562 points and went on to bag gold, scoring 194.1 points in the final, which was an additional record. By grabbing this gold medal He set a new Commonwealth Games record. In an excruciating last few moments of the eight-member final, the 17-year-old surpassed Apurvi and engaged in a shoot-off with Singapore's Martina Lindsay Veloso once the two shooters finished level on 247.2.
Gold medallist Jitu Rai of India, silver medallist Kerry Bell and bronze medallist Om Mitharval of India pose with their medals and Borobi plush dolls. In weightlifting, Pardeep Singh claimed silver in the 105kg final.
In the qualifying, Mitharval equalled the Commonwealth Games record of 584 on his way to qualifying for the final.
19-year-old Tejaswin Shankar qualified for men's High Jump final with a jump of 2.21m. Rai reached the final with a score of 570.
In 2017, Jitu won four gold medals and a bronze at ISSF events and two bronze medals at the Commonwealth Shooting Championships.
Pardeep lifted 152kg in snatch and 200kg in clean and jerk to register a total of 352kg. However, he failed in his second attempt at lifting 209kg.
Sanele Mao of Samoa won gold with a total of 360kg.
- Mark Zuckerberg to testify before US House Commerce panel
- Dead In Bus Crash Involving Canadian Hockey Team
- NY mom charged in decapitation of her 7-year-old son
- Apple will reportedly announce a red iPhone 8 tomorrow
- Brookfield Asset Management (BAM) Stake Raised by Advisor Group Inc
- Baydemir says Turkish-Kurdish conflict will have to end in peace
- YouTube Shooter Accused Company of Censorship Before Attack
- CWG: Indian eves script history, bag gold in table tennis
- New Nokia 6 2018 unboxing, First Setup & Hands-on first impressions
- Public Sector Pension Investment Board Trimmed Its Position in Transcanada Corp (TRP)