The Panthers ended up winning the game 2-1.
On Tuesday, Filip Forsberg's game-tying goal against the Panthers was overturned after replay officials ruled that Predators forward Viktor Arvidsson had made contact with Panthers goalie Roberto Luongo.
Even though it'll be Pekka Rinne in net for the Predators when they open the playoffs, backup Juuse Saros stopped 28 of the 31 shots and captain Roman Josi scored on the power play to give them their first division title in 19 seasons of existence.
"The puck was between my legs", Luongo said after the game.
Justin Bradford at Penalty Box radio had the story and you can read the whole thing here.
Meeks said the following regarding the stunt: "I hope they're not mad about it". "I went there and bought two catfish".
Meeks said she called UPS before sending the fish to make sure it was OK to send across the border. They knew what I was doing. The Predators fan reportedly called UPS and the USA customs office before mailing the fish to ensure the legality of the move and make sure the marine mailing would find its away across global borders. But we got robbed.
According to ESPN, this upset Nashville fan Briley Meeks, just like most Predators fans.
"It was worth every penny!"
"One minute I was sitting on my couch, the next minute I was going to buy fish and shipping it to Canada", Meeks told ESPN's Greg Wyshynski.
Predators fans are known for tossing catfish on the ice.
And now, apparently, there was one this week on the doorsteps at the National Hockey League offices.
- Kroger (KR) Given a $31.00 Price Target by Jefferies Group Analysts
- Lorde's Instagram Faux Pas About Whitney Houston Had The Internet Mad
- EPS for ServiceNow, Inc. (NOW) Expected At $
- Aurora Station: First-ever luxury hotel in space announced
- Gay people destined for hell, says Folau
- India team reprimanded for breaching 'no needles' policy
- We need to encourage youths to study arts in schools, says artist
- Facebook wanted users' medical data for a research project
- Manchester City vs Manchester United - Betting Tips and Predictions
- Facebook underestimating privacy scandal: cybersecurity expert