Conor McGregor has reportedly turned himself into police after crashing the UFC media today on Thursday in NY.
Conor McGregor was hit with multiple charges after he was involved in a backstage melee following a UFC223 news conference. "His plane cannot take off, he can't leave the state of NY".
"The organisation deems today's (Thursday) disruption completely unacceptable and is now working on the consequences that will follow".
White said he's still dumbfounded by McGregor's actions.
One of the headliners of the fight, Russian fighter Khabib Nurmagomedov had an altercation with Artem Lobov on Tuesday in the hotel lobby, who was also fighting on this card. "You'll strip me of nothing".
He gained access to the Barclays Center with a number of associates after a media event ahead of UFC 223 on Saturday.
McGregor won the title in 2016, but stepped away from the UFC previous year in order to train for his highly publicized boxing match with Floyd Mayweather.
White insisted that "Conor is coming back this year, 100 percent", adding, "We'll see how this thing plays out [with the lightweight title], and we'll go from there".
Update 12.15pm: Conor McGregor's former sparring partner and two-time world champion fighter Paulie Malignaggi says the Dubliner is struggling to stay relevant. "This is a real bad career move for him", White told TMZ. At least two fights at Saturday's UFC 223 card have been scrapped because of the incident.
White said McGregor had "some sort of beef" with lightweight fighter Khabib Nurmagomedov, who was on the bus. "You're talking about one of the biggest superstars globally in all of sports". But to come and do this and act like this. "I mean, do you want to be in business with Conor McGregor right now?" "He just had a kid". Brooklyn. You want to talk to me? "You have a son at home".
- Blac Chyna loses lucrative deal over 'stroller attack'
- Ricciardo fastest in 1st Bahrain practice
- Dept. of Health investigates 6 possible cases of E. coli
- Philippine tourist island Boracay scrambles as shutdown looms
- Trump attacks Washington Post, calls it Amazon's 'chief lobbyist'
- Earnings Estimates Review of: Kindred Healthcare Inc. (KND), Editas Medicine Inc. (EDIT)
- Broker's Roundup on Sprouts Farmers Mark (SFM)
- Conte: Chelsea ready to pay tribute for Ray Wilkins
- DiVincenzo fires Villanova to USA college basketball title
- American Express (NYSE:AXP) Shares Sold by BRYN MAWR TRUST Co