Tiger Woods has made a solid start to his bid for a remarkable fifth Masters green jacket.
Sergio Garcia's title defence effectively came to an embarrassing end as he took an wonderful 13 shots to play the 15th hole in the opening round of the Masters.
The last time we saw Sergio Garcia on the 15th hole at Augusta National, he made an eagle to tie Justin Rose and help himself towards the 2017 Masters, his first major title. Here are five more numbers nuggets to chew on.
It was a record high score at the hole.
The previous record was 11 shots, shared by Jumbo Ozaki, Ben Crenshaw and Ignacio Garrido.
The Spaniard shocked fans when he hit five balls into the water in front of the green and is now expected to miss the cut.
After completing an opening round of 81, Garcia was asked to explain what happened. It's one of those things.
"I felt like I hit a lot of good shots and unfortunately the ball just didn't want to stop". "If it carries probably two more feet, it's probably good. It's just unfortunate, but it is what it is". I feel like it's the first time in my career where I make a 13 without missing a shot.
"I don't think I need to describe where the pin is on that hole". It was actually kind of a clutch putt to avoid the worst score in Masters history! Tsuneyuki Nakajima made a 13 on No. 13 in 1978, and Tom Weiskopf made a 13 on No. 12 in 1980.
- Champions League takes back seat as City's Kompany targets derby win
- YSR Congress MPs submit resignations to Lok Sabha Speaker
- Japanese online brokerage Monex to buy Coincheck
- India asks Hong Kong to arrest jeweller Nirav Modi in PNB fraud
- Sergio Garcia racks up record 13 strokes at par-five 15th
- United Kingdom rolls out sugar tax in battle against obesity
- Yes, Facebook is scanning your messages
- Former S Korea president jailed 24 years, fined $23m
- Renaissance Technologies LLC Decreases Holdings in Barrick Gold (ABX)
- Flipkart offering Rs 19001 discount on iPhone X