It's their first multiple-game trip in four weeks.
"Growing up, everybody would say if you're missing from far, just scoot in and you'll start making them", Holiday said of Mirotic.
The Pelicans are still fighting for their spot in the postseason with four games left in the regular season.
He became a fan favorite in New Orleans after joining the team late in the 2016-17 season, earning the nickname "Instant Grits" because of his ability to score in bunches off the bench. "I thought it was time to shave". (It's) an important moment, and I was struggling a little bit, too. Let's try something new.
New Orleans Pelicans rookie guard Frank Jackson, who has missed his entire rookie season to nurse a fractured right foot, required another procedure to remove leftover scar tissue March 19 - postponing his first National Basketball Association action in almost a full calendar year. The depleted Grizzlies would never seriously threaten again.
In his next rotation, Mirotic splashed home a pull-up midrange jumper and buried a pair of 3-pointers, buoying a scuffling Pelicans offense early in the second quarter.
The Pelicans scored the first 10 points of the game, and Davis had 14 points and four rebounds as they took a 32-23 lead after one quarter.
Nikola Mirotic moved into the starting lineup ahead of Emeka Okafor and added 25 points, Jrue Holiday scored 15 and Rajon Rondo had 13 assists.
Davis started the second half and had just 5 points and three rebounds in the third quarter, but the Pelicans still increased their lead to 97-73 entering the fourth quarter. "At the end of the day we have to win games, but that's been true the whole season". Nothing has changed. You can't all of a sudden put all of this extra pressure. The severity is still unknown but initial X-rays came back negative.
Clark didn't return to the court or the bench following the injury. And the suddenly bare-faced sharpshooter shook off a 3-for-22 shooting performance in his past three home games, to bury 10 of 12 shots en route to 25 points.
And with it, the Pelicans' losing streak went the way of Mirtoic's beard.
"We're in the playoffs right now", Anthony Davis said. "I'm really trying to be positive, to keep working hard".
"I felt great during workouts and practices, but the game was completely different", Mirotic said. I think I will bounce back. "I just need one good game at home to get my confidence back".
- Earnings Estimates Review of: Kindred Healthcare Inc. (KND), Editas Medicine Inc. (EDIT)
- Markets Right Now: Ebbing trade worries send stocks higher
- Federal Bureau of Investigation offers reward for fugitive in 1996 ValuJet crash
- Randgold Resources Limited (GOLD) Reached 1-Year Low on April , 5
- Trump attacks Washington Post, calls it Amazon's 'chief lobbyist'
- McGregor turns himself in to police as injured fighter has bout cancelled
- Cenovus Energy Inc (CVE) Receives Average Rating of "Hold" from Analysts
- HBK Investments LP Takes Position in Cognizant Technology Solutions Corp (NASDAQ:CTSH)
- Here's When Tiger Woods Will Tee Off On Friday
- Tony Gilroy Opens Up About Rogue One Reshoots