"We had strong evidence that Mr. Lavrusik did not authorize the activity even though our information indicates that whoever did this used the password associated with the account to gain access", Christel van der Boom, a Flipboard spokeswoman, said in an email. YouTube employees, during and after the episode took to the popular microblogging platform Twitter, to keep their friends and family up to date on what was happening.
Vadim Lavrusik, a product manager for YouTube, was one of the first people to tweet about the shooting, which injured three people. The hoax tweets reportedly began posting 20 minutes after the executive marked himself safe apparently while he was near the shooting site.
Lavurusik's account then followed up with another tweet: "my name is so gay honestly".
The hoax tweets were reported several times and Twitter removed them shortly afterwards.
Twitter's CEO Jack Dorsey responded to the concerns, tweeting that the social network was working to fix the issue.
In a statement, Twitter said: "We are also aware of attempts by some people to deceive others with misinformation around this tragedy".
Lavrusik tweeted at 4:35pm PT that he'd got his account back and thanked Dorsey. Police officer Ed Barberini said the suspect, a female shooter, appeared to have shot herself after injuring multiple people at the campus of the YouTube facility on Tuesday, Xinhua news agency reported.
Most recently during the Parkland, Florida, school shooting where 17 students were killed.
- Swiss bank whistleblower arrested in Spain
- Bollywood star Salman Khan guilty of poaching
- TCNA Weighs in on US Tariffs on Chinese Imports
- Brokerages Anticipate Deere & Company (DE) Will Post Quarterly Sales of $9.80 Billion
- Massive Wind Farm Powering 500000 Homes To Be Built In NSW
- Masters iconic home to host Women's Amateur Championship in 2019
- South Africa fast bowler Kagiso Rabada out of IPL with back injury
- Marc Jacobs proposes to boyfriend with a flashmob in Chipotle
- Liverpool Apologise To Manchester City After Bottles Thrown At Team Bus
- Trending Stocks Alert: Eldorado Gold Corporation (EGO), The Coca-Cola Company (KO)