I don't think it makes it more likely we are through. He hit it perfectly!
Liverpool and Jurgen Klopp apologised to City before kick-off but Guardiola was less than impressed following the final whistle, given there was prior knowledge of fans planning to follow the vehicle.
It seems there is no stopping Salah, but Man City will be desperately hoping the injury that forced the Liverpool forward to limp out of this game prevents him from playing in next Tuesday's second leg at the Etihad Stadium.
Was it his tactical decision to drop winger Raheem Sterling and play an extra central midfielder in Ilkay Gundogan, a move that completely backfired? They fell behind in the 12th minute only when Mohamed Salah capitalised on a loose ball following Ederson's save off his legs to put Liverpool ahead 1-0 as the ball was failed to be cleared away by Kyle Walker.
Manchester City's evening started badly before a ball was even kicked after a hostile Anfield welcome saw their team bus damaged. "I am not angry, it is all good".
As important as Liverpool's attacking brilliance in the first half was the team's defensive resilience in the second half.
However, a flawless night for Liverpool was marred when Salah limped off with an injury early in the second half. But I don't expect this from Liverpool, such a prestigious club, to do this sort of things. We did well. We could not create chances because they defended deep but we were there for the last pass.
"We lose one player to injury (Mo Salah) and another - the captain (Jordan Henderson) - to a yellow card so it does not feel good".
Though the Reds took their feet off the gas after the interval, City never threatened to get on the score sheet, and they have their work cut out to overcome Liverpool on aggregate in next week's second leg.
There have been countless claims that this City team is the best the Premier League has ever seen, but those suggestions are premature.
- Cisco Systems, Inc. (CSCO) year to date performance remained at 8.04%
- TN: 'Govt must form Cauvery Management Board', says Kamal Haasan
- Most Recent Analysts Ratings HP Inc. (HPQ)
- Fury in Cork as Norwegian cuts flights
- Android 8.0 Oreo rolling out to U.S. unlocked Galaxy Note8
- Bank of The Ozarks reduces its investment in UnitedHealth Group Inc. (UNH)
- Bowhead whales have diverse songbook
- 'Zombie' raccoons reported in Ohio; police investigating
- Stock in Limelight: Geron Corporation (GERN)
- Former MSU football players in court, change pleas