The Senator, also known as Madawakin Daura, died Wednesday morning in Abuja after a brief illness.
Another Nigerian lawmaker, Senator Mustapha Bukar, is dead.
"We shall surely miss his vibrancy and progressive mindset".
"Anyhow, Mr. President in his usual manner has requested that we give him time and that he will address the nation and the caucus of the party very soon".
President of the Nigerian Senate, Bukola Saraki, also mourned the late Buba saying: "My prayers are with the family and constituents of Rt Hon Umar Buba Jibril, deputy leader of the House of Representatives, who passed away early this morning".
The deceased would be buried in Daura later today.
Bukar (APC) returned to Nigeria in March after spending one month in the United Kingdom on a medical mission.
A retired Comptroller, Nigeria Customs Service, Wakili defeated the former Governor of the Bauchi State, Malam Isa Yuguda during the 2015 elections, to become the senator representing Bauchi South.
According to a biographical sketch published by National Assembly, Bukar finished his primary education in Daura in 1968, and thereafter went to Government Secondary School, Katsina.
He obtained a Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering from Ahmadu Bello University in 1978; and in 1989, he was appointed General Manager/Chief Executive of the Katsina State Water Board and made Commissioner for Agriculture and Water Resources.
- Wind energy firm Ørsted to open Atlantic City office
- Paul Pogba plays down Jose Mourinho issues: 'I respect all his choices'
- Watch Mark Ingram get taken down by Italian security dog
- Israel's Netanyahu, Trump talk about Iran
- State of Tennessee Treasury Department Lowers Holdings in Gilead Sciences (GILD)
- Amazon India fires 60 employees of recruitment team, more to follow
- SLFP requests Prime Minister to step down
- Winnie Madikizela-Mandela receive state funeral
- 'Blue helmet' killed in CAR; UN mission condemns attack
- Mills scores 17 points as Spurs lose thriller to the Clippers