It was yet another failure for one of the Premier League's British managers who are constantly on rotation with the middle to lower of the table sides, leaving the Baggies 10 points adrift of safety and rock bottom following the 2-1 loss to Burnley.
In the aftermath of Pardew's sacking many thought there would be no way back for him in the Premier League, but while that's likely to be the case, he may soon be cropping back up in the Championship with Ipswich.
First-team coach Darren Moore will take over until further notice.
"The club would like to thank Alan and John for their efforts and wish them well in their future endeavours".
Pardew, former manager of Reading, Charlton Athletic, West Ham United, Southampton, Newcastle United and Crystal Palace, replaced Tony Pulis after he was sacked.
When West Brom sacked Tony Pulis they already looked in a hard situation but at least they were appointing a manager known for his new manager bounce, even if Alan Pardew doesn't bring continued success.
His West Brom departure came six weeks after the club sacked chairman John Williams and chief executive Martin Goodman, and four members of the squad were alleged to have stolen a taxi during a training camp in Barcelona.
Mark Jenkins became the club's new chief executive, taking back the role he held until 2016.
Gareth Barry, Jonny Evans, Jake Livermore and Boaz Myhill were questioned by police but not arrested.
Pardew said they had broken a team curfew and he felt let down.
- LeT militants kidnap civilian in Bandipora
- Canelo Alvarez withdraws from May 5 bout against Gennady Golovkin
- Trump gives Obama new nickname in fiery tweet
- Conor McGregor Responds In Typical Fashion To Tony Ferguson's Injury
- Why Cristiano Ronaldo is tattoo free
- Firefox Reality - The new Mozilla browser for VR
- World Cup match ball out of this world
- Spider-Man PS4 Release Date, Suit Upgrades Teased in Game Informer
- Max Holloway's Nutrition Coach On His Huge Weight Cut For UFC 223
- Roth Capital Comments on NV5 Holding Inc.'s FY2016 Revenue (NVEE)