European duties are next for City and a return to Merseyside for Wednesday's Champions League quarterfinal first leg against Liverpool, which inflicted City's only league loss so far this season.
Normal service was resumed at Goodison Park, as City picked up where they left off after a three-week break without a fixture to maintain their 16-point lead at the top.
City were utterly dominant and Silva was again the provider for the third goal, in the 37th minute, when he slipped the ball across the area and Raheem Sterling drove past Jordan Pickford.
Ultimately, however, the Everton manager sounded philosophical about the defeat, acknowledging the gulf in class between his side and Manchester City.
Yannick Bolaise wasted Everton's best chance on 11 minutes when he headed over from inside the six-yard box and Ederson immediately launched a ruthless counterattack that 10 seconds later saw Gabriel Jesus head in Kevin De Bruyne's cross.
Liverpool could be without the injured Adam Lallana for the visit of City after the midfielder was forced off the pitch three minutes after coming on as a substitute against Palace.
City broke quickly again for the third, Silva laying a attractive pass into the path of Sterling as the game drifted into a training exercise for the remainder of the match. "Manchester United have seven days to prepare, but we need momentum so we need a good Champions League game".
Aguero injured his knee earlier this month and missed the worldwide break with Argentina after sitting out City's 2-0 win over Stoke back on March 12. We have one game to win.
However, the way City at Goodison Park started there was only going to be one outcome.
For Pep Guardiola's side to do it against Jose Mourinho's men would provide an appropriate signature moment and possibly the standout memory of a team with the potential to emerge as one of English football's greatest ever.
The Everton fans aren't enamoured with his style of play despite its effectiveness, with Allardyce moving his side comfortably into the top half of the table and 12 points clear of relegation trouble.
Everton had a chance to equalise when Dominic Calvert-Lewin's high cross picked out Bolasie, only for the winger to head over from close range.
"In the first half we got a bit dishevelled".
But City still coasted to victory despite never getting out of second gear after the break.
- Ryan Reynolds reponds to 'marriage trouble' rumours in most Ryan Reynolds way
- Royal Wedding: Harry and Meghan Choose Flowers and Announce Florist
- Dozens of Palestinians Injured in Fresh Clashes on Israeli-Gaza Border
- Ant McPartlin's wife shows support for Dec after Saturday Night Takeaway
- Congress poster spotted in Cambridge Analytica ex-CEO's London office
- Is Teva Pharma (NYSE:TEVA) a Sell? What does Guggenheim Think?
- Family friend shares snapshots of family killed in cliff crash
- US, S. Korea begin low-key army drills amid diplomatic thaw
- Bandits Kill 32 In Zamfara Village
- 8 militants killed, one caught alive in three separate encounters in Kashmir