You could win the $502 million jackpot in Friday night's Mega Millions drawing. All you have to do is pick the winning numbers! For Powerball, it's one in roughly 292 million. The Mega Millions jackpot reached $502 million on March 28, 2018. Powerball holds the record with a $1.586 billion payout in 2016. Two tickets, one sold in IL and another in New Jersey, matched the five white balls to win $1 million each. A victor opting for the cash prize would take home $301 million, minus state and federal taxes.
Friday's 11 pm ET (0300 GMT) jackpot drawing will be for the tenth largest prize ever offered in the United States. Tickets cost $2 to participate, and players must choose five numbers from 1 to 70 and one number, or Mega Million number, from 1 to 25.
Mega Millions is played in Texas, 43 other states plus Washington, D.C., and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
There's always talk about the awful odds and "money better spent"... but a giant jackpot has Mega Millions lottery players willing to take a chance at instant wealth.
- Shelling kills Palestinian in Gaza as border protest starts
- Ball-tampering scandal forces head coach Darren Lehmann to resign
- Trump calls Roseanne Barr after series premiere gets high ratings
- Tearful Australia Coach Lehmann Says He Would Quit After South Africa Series
- WWE Issues Statement On Hulk Hogan Attending Andre The Giant Documentary Premiere
- Arsenal target Max Meyer available on free transfer this summer, claim Schalke
- Samsung's Galaxy Note 8 gets updated to Oreo in the US
- The Moon will get 4G coverage next year
- Irish abortion referendum confirmed for 25 May
- Cardi B Warns Cheating Lover to 'Be Careful' on New Single