A GoFundMe has been created to help cover legal expenses for former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe in the wake of his firing by President Donald Trump's administration just one day before he was set to receive his pension.
McCabe has raised almost $15,000 from almost 300 people in 1 hour for legal defense fund.
Andrew McCabe - the top Federal Bureau of Investigation official by fired by Attorney General Jeff Sessions hours before his planned retirement - is now soliciting donations online for his legal defense fund. As of 7 p.m. Thursday, the fund had raised more than $200,000.
McCabe was unceremoniously fired by Attorney General Jeff Sessions on March 16 - mere hours before he could collect his retirement pension.
"He will continue to fight for the pension and benefits he deserves, rather than accept any crowdfunding for that goal", it says.
A spokeswoman for McCabe confirmed to the Daily News that the donation page is authentic, but declined to comment on the nature of any future lawsuits.
McCabe's legal team is being led by former Justice Department Inspector General Michael Bromwich, an attorney at the D.C. law firm Robbins, Russell, Englert, Orseck, Untereiner & Sauber LLP.
But Mr. Trump had long blasted McCabe publicly, largely for his wife's acceptance of donations from a Hillary Clinton ally when Jill McCabe ran for state office in Virginia. Sanctimonious James Comey was his boss and made McCabe look like a choirboy.
The Justice Department inspector general has yet to release his report on McCabe - leading some to speculate that he has asked federal prosecutors to look into the matter to see whether criminal charges are appropriate. He got a raw deal and people know it.
"The support for Andrew #McCabe has been overwhelming, humbling & deeply appreciated", Melissa Schwartz, a spokesperson for McCabe, tweeted Thursday.
- Mattis jokes that he's heard Bolton is the 'devil incarnate'
- Two Japanese exchanges set to shut down operations
- Malala returns to Pakistan for first time since shooting
- Butch Jones to make $35000 as Alabama offensive analyst
- Nerve Agent Found on Front Door of Ex-Spy's Home
- Woman becomes first South African jailed for racist speech
- Russian Federation to Expel US Diplomats in Tit-for-Tat Move
- Ambev SA (ABEV) - Technical Look
- GlaxoSmithKline plc (LON:GSK) Insider Purchases 10 Shares of Stock
- NFL Competition Committee may consider eliminating kickoffs