Many Windsor-Essex residents will enjoy a four-day weekend starting Friday. Extended hours are in effect Thursday and Saturday at most locations.
Government offices, including Toronto City Hall, will be closed from Good Friday until Easter Monday. Residents can still renew their licence plates and perform selected transactions with ServiceOntario on their official website.
City buses will run on the Sunday/Holiday schedule on Friday and Sunday, and regular schedules for Saturday and Monday.
The Beer Store, the LCBO and major grocery stores will be closed on Good Friday and Easter Sunday. The Beer Store will operate regular hours Monday, as will selected LCBO outlets. The University of Windsor and St. Clair College will be off on Good Friday but hold classes as usual Monday.
Public libraries will be closed on Friday, March 30 and Monday, April 2. Regular hours are in effect Saturday and Monday.
By law nearly all shops will be closed on Good Friday apart from limited exemptions including stores in Queenstown, service stations and dairys.
All Leisure Centres are closed on Friday, March 30 and Monday, April 2.
Recycling and garbage will be collected as normally scheduled on the Good Friday and Easter Monday holidays for those with Friday and Monday as their collection day. The city's parking payment offices will be closed both days, but payments will still be taken online.
It's a long weekend and if you need to step out of the house, here's a look at some of what's open and what's closed over Easter weekend.
"The main centres like Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch and Palmerston North have all made a call not to allow their shops to open", says Mr Harford.
Adventure Bay Family Water Park and Cannon Cove are open 10 a.m to 8 p.m. on Friday and Saturday and closed on Sunday.
The WFCU Centre and arenas will be closed Good Friday, Easter Sunday and Easter Monday, except for previously scheduled rentals and programs. However, the tunnel bus to Detroit will operate on a regular weekday schedule.
The Manitoba Children's Museum, Assiniboine Park Zoo and the Canadian Museum for Human Rights are all open on Good Friday.
- Sofia Richie & Scott Disick Vacation In Cabo With His Children
- Sam Allardyce credits '£350 million' behind Manchester City's improvement this season
- Russian Federation expels western diplomats over ex-spy dispute
- Chris Brown Photographed With Hands Around Woman's Neck, He Claims It's "Horseplay"
- In face of taunts, scandal-tainted Australia finds its fight
- Aaron Hicks Placed on 10-Day DL with Intercostal Muscle Injury
- Bihar: Clash erupts in Nawada over vandalised idol
- Tesla issues massive recall for the Model S power steering
- Texas Woman Gets 5 Years in Prison for Voting While on Probation
- Health experts brace for return of the flu