Meanwhile, mobile internet services have been suspended due to security reasons in Budgam and Baramulla, where security forces have been deployed in strength in sensitive areas to maintain law and order. During the operation, the militants opened fire at the soldiers while trying to flee, which led to retaliation.
The security forces got information about the presence of terrorist forces in the Khan Mohalla of Arizal in Beerwah area of the district.
He said that during the search operation, one terrorist was gunned down while he made a futile bid to escape after coming out of the house he was hiding in.
A militant was killed and a girl was injured in an encounter between security forces and ultras in central Kashmir's Budgam district on Sunday. The forces retaliated against the firing, and were able to kill one terrorist in the situation.
According to an official, the area is under cordon and searches are being conducted. She was taken to a hospital and her condition is now reported to be stable.
Unconfirmed reports said the slain militant is a local, however police didn't confirm it. "Arms and ammunition, other incriminating materials, besides mobile phones, cash worth Rs 30,000 were recovered from the encounter site", he said.
- Facebook committed to stopping interference in Indian elections'
- Puigdemont flees Finland amid arrest fears
- Messi on bench as Argentina face Italy
- United States Steel (X) Rating Lowered to Hold at Vetr
- Cambridge Analytica offers to hand over evidence to…
- How much should we care about the Facebook 'fiasco'?
- Trump 'considering' veto of $1.3 trillion budget bill
- Greg Bird scratched from lineup with foot soreness
- Creative Planning Sells 363208 Shares of Walt Disney Co (NYSE:DIS)
- New Zealand v England: first Test, day three