In an interview with the New York Times, Wylie says that Bolton's PAC was alarmed by polling trends showing that more and more Americans viewed war unfavorably - and it wanted to construct an advertising campaign aimed at reversing those views.
Both Cambridge Analytica and Facebook deny any wrongdoing.
Political parties in India, including the ruling BJP and the Congress, have accused each other of engaging the services of Cambridge Analytica, leading to questions over influencing elections "through questionable means". His work has previously appeared in the American Prospect Online, and he blogs frequently at Sadly, No!
The notice addressed to Cambridge Analytica seeks immediate response to six questions, including "whether they have been engaged in any assignment to utilise data of Indians from the above cited breach?"
"The government is deeply concerned about such developments and is committed to ensure the protection of the fundamental right of privacy and safety and security of data for every citizen of India".
Earlier this week, India's Law and Information Technology Minster Ravi Shankar Prasad warned Facebook of "stringent" action for any attempt to influence polls through data theft, and threatened to summon CEO Mark Zuckerberg, if needed. On Thursday, Zuckerberg, in a post, apologised for the data breach and said that his company would upgrade its security features ahead of the upcoming elections in countries like India and Brazil.
- Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson (ERIC) Upgraded at Zacks Investment Research
- Shares in United Continental Holdings Inc (UAL) Purchased by JOYN Advisors Inc
- Australian GP: Hamilton claims pole in qualifying round
- The Compagnie Lombard Odier SCmA Buys 513 Shares of Accenture Plc
- Stock to keep an eye on: Barrick Gold Corporation (ABX)
- Happy Rama Navami 2018: wishes, Whatsapp statuses, images and mantras for you
- High School Students Planning Pro-Life 'Walkout'
- China calls on USA to 'cease and desist' from endangering trade relations
- Caldwell students hold kindness assembly to honor Parkland victims
- Nike forecasts reversal in North America sales decline, tops estimates