On Tuesday around 7 am, around 500 students started their protest between SOUTH Mumbai's Matunda and Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus (CSMT) stations. The protest was majorly affected between Matunga and Dadar station, which hurdle lakhs of commuters.
As many as 11 personnel of the Government Railway Police (GRP) and the Railway Protection Force (RPF) suffered injuries in stone-pelting today by the agitating students demanding jobs in the Indian Railways.
"The youth are demanding 100 per cent reservation for apprentices in railway jobs".
"I appeal to my young friends to apply for these large number of jobs, for which the last date of application is 31/03/2018, and join the process of recruitment so that all applicants get a fair and equal opportunity to serve the country", said the minister.
The GRP at Dadar registered a case against almost 800 to 1,000 people under Indian Penal Code sections 307 (attempt to murder), 353 (assault or criminal force on public servant) and 341 (wrongful restraint), and various others provisions of the Railways Act and the Bombay Police Act, said Deputy Commissioner of Police (GRP Central) Samadhan Pawar.
"There has been no recruitment for four years. We can not let such things happen", one of the protesters said.
Fadnavis's statement comes after the agitated railway job aspirants staged a rail blockade in Mumbai demanding job in the railway sector.
A section of railway officials, meanwhile, alleged that the agitation was instigated by "outsiders". "Railway administration has initiated talks with the protesters and a solution would be arrived at", he said. "A lot of them were outsiders, who held a meeting yesterday at the Railway Institute in Kurla Carshed and then chose to support the agitation". It's not certain whether the demands will be met.
- American International Group Inc
- More than 450000 smoke alarms recalled nationwide
- NBC12 to host Digital Dialogue on March for Our Lives
- Volatile Stock in Focus: Anthem, Inc. (NYSE:ANTM)
- Global Blood Therapeutics Inc. (GBT) receives consensus rating of 1.70
- What Color Are Tennis Balls?
- What is the Short Interest on First Solar, Inc. (NASDAQ:FSLR) Stock?
- James Blake: Seeding rules disadvantage mothers
- Hitman Spring Pack Gives Episode 2 Free
- 3 injured in shooting at Maryland high school in US