It's no wonder the servers have been on fire ever since.
Sea of Thieves is finally out, and while reviews are still trickling in slowly, some players who have recently been let loose in Rare's world are anxious about the apparent lack of any proper customisation options.
Rare has detailed what is to come in Sea of Thieves' next update, and given a status update on issues players may be experiencing in the game since launch. And if you're in a game but your quest rewards or Achievements aren't popping, just give them time - don't quit out and rejoin.
That idea is something Rare has addressed previously, noting plans to continue supporting the game post-launch, including with paid DLC in the form of new cosmetic items and pets.
For those playing and those joining we are continuing to work on improvements to the game in order to ensure the playing experience will be optimal.
Issues with item and currency reward delays are a result of the system queuing tasks, Neate says, assuring players these issues are only temporary. Rare hopes to have a fix for this before the game hits peak time tomorrow. It'll solve itself with time.
Status: Believed fixed for next game patch (ETA: early next week). Users can easily disable their antivirus if they suspect it's interfering with the game, but a firewall issue may be harder to track down.
Issue: Some performance issues reported when playing Sea of Thieves on Xbox One X. While that's true, Rare said, it also compounds the issues related to join rates.
Hopefully, folks running into connection issues will be able to log in soon and start raiding ships and killing chickens.
Xbox NZ was kind enough to send FutureFiveNZ a media kit for the Xbox One/Windows 10 PC game Sea of Thieves.
- Prince Harry Reportedly Wants Kids "Pretty Soon" After He Marries Meghan Markle
- Anthony Joshua urges Deontay Wilder to be 'realistic' in fight negotiations
- Haspel's 'black site' past a hurdle to confirmation as Central Intelligence Agency director
- Burns Sells 3008 Shares of Pinnacle Financial Partners (NASDAQ:PNFP) Stock
- TOTAL SA (NYSE:TOT): Watching The Numbers on This Stock
- Axa Trims Stake in PowerShares Exchange-Traded Fund Trust II (IDLV)
- Dover Corporation (NYSE:DOV)
- Experts Say Drugs, X-Rays, Scans And Surgery Are Unnecessary For Back Pain
- Sonu ke Titu Ki Sweety enters 100 crore club
- Analyst Upside Underscores Impressive Growth for Texas Instruments Incorporated (NASDAQ:TXN)