It's no wonder the servers have been on fire ever since.
Sea of Thieves is finally out, and while reviews are still trickling in slowly, some players who have recently been let loose in Rare's world are anxious about the apparent lack of any proper customisation options.
Rare has detailed what is to come in Sea of Thieves' next update, and given a status update on issues players may be experiencing in the game since launch. And if you're in a game but your quest rewards or Achievements aren't popping, just give them time - don't quit out and rejoin.
That idea is something Rare has addressed previously, noting plans to continue supporting the game post-launch, including with paid DLC in the form of new cosmetic items and pets.
For those playing and those joining we are continuing to work on improvements to the game in order to ensure the playing experience will be optimal.
Issues with item and currency reward delays are a result of the system queuing tasks, Neate says, assuring players these issues are only temporary. Rare hopes to have a fix for this before the game hits peak time tomorrow. It'll solve itself with time.
Status: Believed fixed for next game patch (ETA: early next week). Users can easily disable their antivirus if they suspect it's interfering with the game, but a firewall issue may be harder to track down.
Issue: Some performance issues reported when playing Sea of Thieves on Xbox One X. While that's true, Rare said, it also compounds the issues related to join rates.
Hopefully, folks running into connection issues will be able to log in soon and start raiding ships and killing chickens.
Xbox NZ was kind enough to send FutureFiveNZ a media kit for the Xbox One/Windows 10 PC game Sea of Thieves.
- Ramaphosa signs historic African Free Trade Agreement
- Biden on Trump: I Would Have 'Beat the Hell Out of Him'
- Kids More Likely to Draw Scientists as Women
- Price Target Analysis of Winnebago Industries, Inc. (WGO)
- Anthony Joshua urges Deontay Wilder to be 'realistic' in fight negotiations
- Analyst Upside Underscores Impressive Growth for Texas Instruments Incorporated (NASDAQ:TXN)
- Letko Brosseau & Associates Inc. Acquires 30000 Shares of GlaxoSmithKline plc (GSK)
- Sun Life Financial INC Sells 1500 Shares of Raytheon (RTN)
- The Spy Who Dumped Me Teaser Trailer Released!
- Google Maps on iOS brings more transit details and restaurant wait times