Nawaz is to appear before the police to record his statement as well.
As per reports, Siddiqui was allegedly blackmailing Khan.
A bench of Justices S C Dharamadhikari and P D Naik held that in arresting Rizwan Siddiqui, the Thane police had acted in a "high-handed" manner and failed to follow "due process of law". In November 2014, Ayesha filed a case against him alleging he had cheated on her and never returned Rs 8 crore.
The state, that is the prosecution in the case, however, told the HC that the Thane Crime Branch had attempted to serve the 41 (A) notice on Rizwan Siddiqui. Actor Rozlyn Khan also approached the police, volunteering to make a statement in the case. You can read in the court order if they found the Thane police action against me fair or not.
Notably, 11 detectives were arrested by the Thane Police when the CDR case unearthed in December a year ago for illegally obtaining the call records for their clients. In the first round of investigations, the police arrested 11 people, including Rajani Pandit, considered to be India's first woman private investigator.
Sources indicated that the second round of the probe is likely to focus on Bollywood, as well as police officers involved in the racket.
In a sensational development, Thane Police has revealed that actor Kangana Ranaut had shared Hrithik Roshan's mobile with the accused Rizwan Siddiqui.
Thane (Maharashtra) [India], Mar 21 (ANI): Celebrity advocate Rizwan Siddiqui on Wednesday refused to speak anything related to the Call Data Records (CDR) case, saying that he would not disclose his client details. Ayesha, on the other hand, submitted the call details procured from investigators to the lawyer back in 2014 when she was embroiled in legal battle with Sahil Khan, who claimed to have been in a relationship with her.
- Grandoozy lineup: Who's playing Denver's newest music festival
- Weinstein Co files for bankruptcy, cancels non-disclosure agreements with victims & witnesses
- Texas Bomb Suspect's Family 'Devastated And Broken'
- Lavrov jokes about Russian Federation 'meddling' with Japan's weather
- Bills among teams to hold private workout with Baker Mayfield
- Sonos now lets you play Audible directly on your speakers
- Supreme Court takes up challenge by pregnancy centers
- NSA targeted cryptocurrency users globally, Snowden leaks show
- Chelsea make €63m offer for Mauro Icardi
- Shares Seesawing 0.88% on Volume: VODAFONE GROUP PLC