Facebook is in hot waters right now for its alleged unethical data breach that allowed firm Cambridge Analytica to harvest north of 50 million user accounts and use the data to sway the 2016 United States elections in favor of Donald Trump. This means any new members will not be a part of the group you've created, without your permission or another admin.
"Anyone in a group chat can create a custom invite link and share it with someone they'd like to join the conversation", Facebook wrote in its press release.
"This is especially helpful in large group chats with people you may not yet be connected to, like when you're planning a friend's surprise birthday party with different groups of friends", noted Messenger product manager Drew Moxon, in a blog post.
As we're sure many of you have either deleted or considering the termination of their Facebook profile in the wake of the recent allegations, we just wanted to remind you that having a Facebook profile is not a requirement to use the company's popular Messenger messaging service.
San Francisco: Making it easier to control large groups on Messenger, Facebook on Wednesday introduced a feature that gives the administrators more powers where they will be able to approve and remove members and promote or demote any other person in the group chat. However, you can enable it by going to your group chat setting.
To take on group chats on Skype, Facebook Messenger has included real-time voice and video chats in groups with a limit of up to 50 people at a time. This is more than the limit of 25 people for a group video chat or conference call on Skype. So if any non-admin decides to invite someone into the group, the group admin will have the final say.
By chatting with up to 250 people in a group at a time, group chats are fun, useful, and seamless at the same time. You also need to use the latest app version on your hardware to experience the changes.
- First Trust Advisors LP Has $7.42 Million Holdings in FMC Corp (FMC)
- Trump slams Hillary Clinton for her remarks on his voters
- Worthy Stock in the Spotlight: Heron Therapeutics (HRTX)
- Robin Williams' Costar Makes Sexual Assault Claims Against Him
- Weinstein Co files for bankruptcy, cancels non-disclosure agreements with victims & witnesses
- 'Stranger Things' stars land massive pay raises for Season 3
- Exxonmobil Investment Management Inc. TX Sells 62968 Shares of Johnson & Johnson (JNJ)
- Express Scripts Holding Company (NASDAQ:ESRX): Volatility Watch on These Shares
- Queen's University alumnus Drew Feustel heads to the International Space Station
- Young on Shaw v Jose: 'Man United is a tough place'