The Kardashians bring camera crews to their Ob-Gyn appointments. Her first husband, Jay Monahan, died of colon cancer back in 1998. "I know this is something Katie is passionate about and it's an important thing to do", the late-night host said about the colon cancer-detecting procedure on Tuesday's episode of Jimmy Kimmel Live! Jimmy Kimmel upped the ante and invited viewers to watch him undergo his first colonoscopy. Couric arrives at 5:30 a.m.to pick up the talk show host. But Couric joked with Kimmel that keys, toy soldiers and a harmonica were recovered.
United States journalist and author Katie Couric took Jimmy Kimmel for his first colonoscopy, going "where no camera has gone before".
"Getting screened, you can nip it in the bud, literally", she added.
In November, Kimmel turned 50, which is age the American Cancer Society recommends for the colorectal cancer screening. Couric feels a "responsibility to inform people".
Luckily, Kimmel was given a clean bill of health with no polyps.
Kimmel's colonoscopy went off without a hitch - he had a clean colon with no polyps - and the comic even walked away with some personal items found during the exam: his vehicle keys, some toy soldiers, and a harmonica.
- You Need To Know About Analysts Ratings on: HSBC Holdings plc
- State of Tennessee Treasury Department Purchases New Stake in KBR, Inc. (KBR)
- Centre decides to rope in chemists to strengthen reporting of TB cases
- (COST) Shares Bought by Geode Capital Management LLC
- US Open champion Brooks Koepka to miss 2018 Masters with wrist injury
- YES! YES! Daniel Bryan medically cleared to return to WWE
- Charge upgraded to first-degree murder in Tess Richey case
- EPS Growth overview of Anadarko Petroleum Corporation (NYSE:APC)
- Lipinski Ekes Out Victory Over Newman In 3rd Congressional District
- Buy sentiment on Technology Stock: Broadcom Limited (AVGO)