Now we hear that the epic drama will soon get a theatrical release in China. It joins a growing number of Indian films to crack the world's second-largest film market. Noted distribution house EStars Media, who released Baahubali 1 in China is all set to screen Baahubali 2 as well. The makers have received the censor certificate, but have not yet decided a release date. Global sales are handled by an offshoot of producer Arka MediaWorks.
Directed by SS Rajamouli and starring Prabhas, Rana Daggubati, Anushka Shetty and Tamannaah Bhatia, "Baahubali 2" was released in India in April past year. It is one of the three highest-grossing Indian films of all time with a lifetime $131 million gross.
"Baahubali: The Beginning" had earned United States dollars 123 million total in China.
The film has finally been cleared for a China release after months in the waiting.
After "Dangal", "Secret Superstar" and "Bajrangi Bhaijaan" created a wave in China, it has to be seen whether the Rajamouli-directed fantasy flick will make history. The Salman Khan starrer has so far collected more than Rs. 200 crore at the China Box Office.
- 'The Voice' Continues To Drown Out Returning 'American Idol' In Monday Ratings
- Google closes on Chelsea Market building for $2.4B
- Tribeca Film Festival to hold 'Scarface,' 'Schindler's List' cast reunions
- Why Trump is Suddenly Lashing Out at Mueller
- White House Lawyer Insists Trump Isn't Considering Firing Mueller
- Colts 'close' to deal with wide receiver Ryan Grant
- E*TRADE Financial Corp (NASDAQ:ETFC) Shares Bought by American International Group Inc
- Stock Rating Update on the Shares of Geron Corporation (GERN)
- Shooting reported at high school in Maryland, sparking lockdown
- Apple is two years ahead in the 3D face sensing race