Helicopter clipped a power line causing the crash.
The Pentagon says all seven service members aboard a USA helicopter that crashed in Iraq were killed.
"Our thoughts and prayers go out to the families and loved ones of the fearless troops lost in the helicopter crash on the Iraq-Syria border yesterday [Thursday]".
The cause of the crash is now under investigation.
The US President Donald trump on Twitter expressed his condolences to the families of the victims.
Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo ordered flags flown at half staff on all state government buildings Sunday to honor the four New York National Guard members killed in a helicopter crash in Iraq last week, according to a news release.
Army Brig. Gen. Jonathan P. Braga, the director of operations for the combined task force leading the fight against ISIS in the region, said all personnel aboard the HH-60 Pave Hawk helicopter were killed.
US officials said the aircraft crashed in western Iraq Thursday.
He was assigned to the 38th Rescue Squadron at Moody Air Force Base, Georgia.
'This tragedy reminds us of the risks our men and women face every day in service of our nations'.
The Defense Department released the names of the seven airmen on Saturday.
"The incident marked the second aircraft crash for the military in two days", reports Fox News, it adds, "A U.S. Navy F/A-18F Super Hornet jet crashed off the coast of Key West, Florida, on Wednesday, killing both a pilot and a weapons systems officer".
USA forces began carrying out air strikes against ISIS in August 2014, a campaign that was later expanded to Syria, and has provided weapons, training and other support to forces fighting the jihadists in both countries.
- Russian Federation denies existence of nerve agent program
- Stenson holds Palmer lead as others superstars lurk
- 'Will and Grace' revival gets 3rd season
- Spain round on referee after rugby World Cup qualifier loss
- 2 polio monitors killed in Pak
- What Wenger Told Sanchez Before He Left Arsenal
- Russian ambassador says United Kingdom lab could have poisoned ex-spy
- Russian Federation expels 23 United Kingdom diplomats in retaliation
- Spy poisoning: Experts to test nerve toxin
- AMC Entertainment (AMC) PT Set at $19.00 by Wedbush