The investigation into the fire and assault on the Alford's home has been turned over to the State Bureau of Investigation.
Two intruders forced themselves into the Alfords' home, the sheriff said on Friday.
One of the intruders drove Mrs. Alford to an undisclosed State Employees' Credit Union branch in Roanoke Rapids and forced her to withdraw money from an ATM, while the second intruder stayed in the home with her husband, the sheriff's office said.
John Alford is the pastor of Sanford Memorial Baptist Church, Brodnax, Virginia, the Concord Baptist Association said.
Warren County Sheriff Johnny Williams said he could not elaborate beyond the press statement but did confirm the vehicle was located.
The couple was then placed inside the home, which was set on fire.
Williams says the husband escaped but couldn't rescue his wife.
John Alford was taken to a nearby hospital for treatment. According to the North Carolina pastor's statement, the two individuals forced the woman into the couple's vehicle, and one of them drove us to a local ATM to keep a close watch on Alford.
The SBI is still searching for the couple's silver four-door 2011 Mercedes C-300, license plate BDH-7568.
It is with deepest sympathy we make this post.
76-year-old Nancy Alford died in her burning home after being kidnaped and robbed. John was airlifted to UNC-Chapel Hill.
An intruder broke into the home of Nancy and John Alford in Warren County last Friday. Nancy did not survive.
- Cisco Systems (NASDAQ:CSCO) PT Raised to $50.00 at Morgan Stanley
- Monster Hunter World Adding Mega Man Palico Gear April 13
- Randall Cobb expected to remain in Packers' post-Jordy Nelson plans
- Morrisons Profits Jump 11% As Sales Continue To Rise
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider Seemingly Releases This September
- Miley Cyrus sued for $300 million over 'We Can't Stop' copyright claim
- Thousands to protest gun violence
- Philadelphia 76ers vs. Indiana Pacers - 3/13/18 NBA Pick, Odds, and Prediction
- These are 2018's James Beard Award finalists from the Twin Cities
- Met Office issues snow warning for London this weekend