The BJP wants to know as to when the certificate, which has been submitted, was issued. Speaker has constituted an inquiry. "There is no proper mention of criminal cases in Rathwa's affidavit".
Ruling out support to B.M. Farooq of the JD (S) for the third Rajya Sabha seat from the State, the Congress has chose to field AICC Spokesperson Syed Naseer Hussain, former Chairman of KUWS&DB G.C. Chandrashekar, and former MLC L. Hanumanthaiah.
"Ulta Chor Kotwal ko daante (It is like the pot calling the kettle black)". Patel had won in a hard-fought battle. Sources said Congress's Kumar Ketkar and NCP's sitting MP Vandana Chavan were in the danger zone now. My documents according to requirements were submitted.
BJP with 311 MLAs and 13 MLAs of its alliance partners Apna Dal and Suheldev Bhartiya Samaj Party, has total 324 votes. We were honest and truth always wins. The former minister arrived around 10 am in the state assembly to file his nominations, but formalities took a long time. You can trouble but never beat the truth. "If the BJP has made him a member, when did he accept BJP's membership?" senior Sena leader Anil Parab said, speaking to reporters.
The Returning Officer accepted nomination papers of seven candidates - two of the Congress, three of the BJP, one Independent backed by the Congress, and one dummy candidate fielded by the BJP.
Among the seven nominations accepted was BJP's dummy candidate Rajnikant Patel.
From the BJP, nomination papers of Mansukh L. Mandaviya, Parshottam Rupala and Kiritsinh Rana were accepted.
"The nomination papers will be scrutinised on Tuesday and last date for withdrawal of candidates is on Thursday".
If necessary, election will be held on March 23. "Rathwa had served as a central minister and the no-dues certificate he submitted was a fake one", alleged Vaghani. "The RO over-ruled the BJP's objections to approve Rathwa's candidature", said Congress spokesperson Shaktisinh Gohil.
Goyal said the BJP delegation informed the EC about?irregularities? in nomination forms of Rathwa and also Valera.
Besides Rathwa, the Congress has fielded Amee Yajnik for the second seat.
- Haloti Ngata Reportedly to Sign Eagles Contract After 3 Seasons with Lions
- EXACT Sciences (NASDAQ:EXAS) Rating Lowered to Buy at BidaskClub
- Babysitter Accused of Abusing Toddler Who Was Left Brain Dead
- Jaya Bachchan declares assets worth INR10bn
- Heather Locklear charged with battery of first responders
- Piedmont Office Realty Trust, Inc. (PDM) Insider Purchases $49840.00 in Stock
- Eagle Asset Management Inc. Purchases New Holdings in BP plc (BP)
- Dog dies on United Airlines flight after being placed in overhead bin
- Porn star's lawyer says Trump missed settlement offer deadline
- Wild weather for Qld but cyclone unlikely