For that reason, many expect the Giants to select Penn State running back Saquon Barkley at No. 2 overall in the 2018 NFL Draft should he be available. But ultimately, Big Blue may need more than one new back.
Otherwise, Lewis' fellow Eagles free agent teammate, LeGarrette Blount, could be another interesting alternative for Indianapolis. The Patriots signed Lewis to a two-year extension after just one month in New England.
The now interested teams are the Dolphins, Jets, Giants, Titans, Texans, Colts, 49ers, per a source with knowledge of the situation.
It's not a banner year for running backs and Lewis' value might be inflated because of the options on the market after Le'Veon Bell was hit with the franchise tag by the Pittsburgh Steekers.
In addition to the New England Patriots, seven teams are believed to have interest in signing Dion Lewis. He played his first 16-game season in 2017, setting career highs in rushing yards (896) and total touchdowns (nine) while upping his asking price as free agency loomed.
Lewis does a little bit of everything, a common trait among Jets running backs in recent years. Signing Lewis presents a major injury risk, and he'll have to be flanked by other runners who can step up in case of catastrophe, as the Patriots did with their Mike Gillislee-Rex Burkhead-James White-Brandon Bolden lineup last fall. He was released by the Carolina Panthers in late February.
- Arrieta Pens Letter To Cubs Fans
- Brent Celek Released by Eagles, Will Enter Free Agency
- NIA raids Srinagar jail, seizes mobiles, pen drives, Pak flag
- National Geographic magazine acknowledges its racist past
- Judge: Manafort Faces 'Very Real Possibility' of Life in Prison
- Celtics dealt blows with Smart, Theis injuries, dodge bullet with Irving
- Brexit bill amendments to be published by United Kingdom government
- Delhi sealing drive: BJP hits back at Arvind Kejriwal, Ajay Maken
- Star Wars? President Trump proposes military space force
- Kevin Durant Says It's 'Weird' Playing Without Stephen Curry