Interestingly enough, Hyde and Crowell have put up nearly identical numbers since entering the league in 2014 as they both have averaged 4.2 yards per carry and have rushed for 21 touchdowns each.
Hyde's arrival in Cleveland does not completely preclude the Browns from taking Barkley in the draft, but it certainly is reasonable to suggest Hyde's presence shifts their focus toward selecting a quarterback with the first-overall pick.
During his four years in San Francisco, Hyde rushed for a total of 2,729 yards and 21 touchdowns. The former second-round Buckeye standout remains a strong early-down option, but he took on a bigger passing-game role under Kyle Shanahan to mixed results and was slowly fazed out in that area by season's end.
Hyde will also turn 28 in September, so it's fair to wonder how much better he can be than the player he was the past two campaigns. He scored 24 touchdowns, fumbled nine times and averaged 4.2 yards per rush. He's never panned out as a full-time runner, but McKinnon showed how dynamic he could be in the right situation a year ago. The closest he came was 988 in 2016 when he missed three games with various injuries.
According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, the contract is worth more than $15 million, and it will pay Hyde $6 million in the first year. Browns coach Hue Jackson has a background as a running backs coach.
Basically, everything about El Guapo was better and more productive during the 2017 National Football League season than ever before.
Of course, the Giants still remain in the market for a successor to quarterback Eli Manning, and missing out on coveted All-Pro guard Andrew Norwell could also have them considering Notre Dame guard Quenton Nelson with their first-round pick.
Saquon Barkley would jumpstart the Giants' running game, and the Browns may have indicated that they won't be drafting him.
- Vikings QB Keenum to sign with Broncos
- Curry to miss next four games, re-evaluated March 20
- Honor 9 Lite To Be Available For RM699 Again, Today Only
- (BSX) Holdings Cut by Tavio Capital LLC
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider Seemingly Releases This September
- Paul Merson makes big claim about next Arsenal manager
- Best bets for First Four games
- 'Virtually all' of AMD CPUs affected by Spectre-like flaws
- A Fresh Look At Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE:MRO)
- Lynda Carter reveals harassment on Wonder Woman set, her own #MeToo story