The Supreme Court on Wednesday dismissed all 32 intervention petitions in the Ramjanmabhumi-Babri Masjid land dispute case.
"I had filed a writ petition saying that I have a fundamental right to worship and this is a superior right than property right", Dr. Swamy said.
The orders came on a day when the court directed the registry against allowing filing of applications for intervention, impleadment or filing of documents/extracts by third parties who are not original parties to the case. "Can we say that a mosque is not essential and integral?"
The court, however, ordered the revival of Swamy's disposed plea that had sought enforcement of his fundamental right to worship at Ram Temple in Ayodhya. The special bench of the apex court is seized of a total 14 appeals filed against the high court judgement delivered in four civil suits. In 2010, an Allahabad HC bench that was headed by three judges had given the ruling that the land could be shared equally between the two parties, the Sunni Waqf Board, the Nirmohi Akhara and Ram Lalla. They challenge the high court verdict that mandated a three-way division of the disputed 2.77-acre site.
After the proposal of out of court settlement presented by the former Chief Justice of India Justice JS Khehar, now the apex court said on Wednesday, March that it will not appoint anyone to settle the issue out of court neither it will rule out the possibility of resolving the issue out of court.
Ram Janambhoomi- Babri Masjid dispute is a century old point of a tussle between Hindus and Muslims.
- Wine Rack owner Conviviality suspends trading
- Prosecutors seek death penalty for Nikolas Cruz
- France to sue Apple and Google over 'unacceptable' practices
- "Elsa" saves the night on a snowy Boston street
- Oil slips as U.S. crude supplies jump, but gasoline stocks drop
- Bills to sign former Redskins DE Trent Murphy
- Twin Securities INC Increases Holding in Time Warner INC (TWX)
- Navios Maritime Partners LP (NMM) Declares $0.02 Quarterly Dividend
- Winter weather advisory in effect for Triad until 5 pm
- Signet Jewelers Sees Unusually Large Options Volume (SIG)