The president told Netanyahu during their White House meeting last week that the three nations have only proposed "cosmetic changes" that don't go far enough, the news outlet reported on Sunday. "Trump said he demands "significant changes" in the Iran deal itself and not simply the addition of a supplemental agreement between the USA and the European countries, according to the officials".
Earlier that month, Trump announced he would waive the sanctions on Iran as required by the nuclear agreement but for the last time.
"Moreover, I remind you that Iran declares, on an nearly daily basis - including recently, its intention to wipe out the State of Israel".
USA officials will pick up discussions with their European Union counterparts about the fate of the Iran nuclear deal.
The move is the latest in a series of measures by Washington aimed at dealing with one of the greatest diplomatic hurdles before Donald Trump's administration, to contain the regime in Iran while keeping up to America's global commitments within the JCPOA. "Israel is not a party to the talks directly but is updated on their contents".
Votel, head of the U.S. Central Command, told lawmakers that he agreed with other top Pentagon figures, including Defense Secretary James Mattis and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff General Joseph Dunford, who also have backed the landmark nuclear agreement. A third round is expected this Thursday in Berlin.
Trump hosted Netanyahu and his wife at the White House on Monday.
The signing of the Iran nuclear deal in 2015 opened the floodgates for all Mideast regional powers to pursue their own nuclear programs, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said.
While a wave of economic protests that momentarily threatened the government's grip have mostly subsided, Iranians are still struggling with massive youth unemployment and runaway inflation.
- 'American Idol' night two: Who isn't going to Hollywood?
- Last Fantasy 7 Remake: What We Know So Far
- Big Sean & Jhene Aiko's Relationship reportedly hits Rough Patch over Nicole Scherzinger
- Fitbit Launches More Affordable Smart Watch and Tracker
- 'Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald' Poster Teases the Deathly Hallows
- Kim Kardashian Visits Kanye West in Jackson Hole: All the Details
- Occidental Petroleum (NYSE:OXY) Cut to "Sell" at ValuEngine
- SC upholds barring of foreign law firms from practicing in India
- Revenue Estimates Analysis Of Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (BMY)
- Google cofounder's flying taxi takes to the skies in New Zealand