"I f-ed up", he added. In a video of LaBeouf's arrest obtained by ET, the actor repeatedly swore at his arresting officers, also telling a black officer that the president "doesn't give a f**k about you, and you wanna do what?" Footage released by TMZ at the time shows LaBeouf bragging about his "millionaire lawyers", singling out a black officer, and saying a white officer's wife watches porn about "licking a black dick".
He was subsequently charged with public drunkenness (which was later dropped) and disorderly conduct.
On how his behavior has effected his work: "I'm run out". In October, the actor plead guilty to a misdemeanor charge of obstruction and was placed on a year's probation. "You're already famous. This is my chance".
He and West haven't been in contact since the star called him out in an incoherent on-stage meltdown in November 2016, though LaBeouf said he has tried to reach out because he "f-king loves" West. "'Cause I was still fighting". "It was my trying to absolve myself of guilt for getting arrested..."
"I've got to look at my failures in the face for a while", he continues. They don't release these!' Just on my defense-mechanism-fear garbage. He keeps it one thousand with you, and that shit doesn't even make sense to him. "Zack can't not shoot straight, and bless him for it, 'cause in that moment, I needed a straight shooter who I couldn't argue with".
On hearing his mother's sexual assault by a man when he was a child: "I froze". "Some guy bumped into my mother's vehicle with his auto in a parking lot, and my head went right to 'You need to avenge your mother!' So I went after the dude with a knife".
LaBeouf went to rehab last fall where he was told he has PTSD, which stems from when he was around 10 years old and heard his mother being raped in their home.
In a self-reflective interview that spanned from his conception to the most recent events in his life, LaBeouf talked about some of his highlights, past traumas, and regrets, along with some opportunities he passed on - including The Social Network.
You can read the entire interview in the April 2018 issue of Esquire.
- VW Group to launch one electric auto a month from 2019
- EU And UK In Another Spat Over Expat Rights
- Buffalo Bills, Star Lotulelei agree to 5-year deal
- Prosecutors will seek the death penalty for Florida shooting suspect Nikolas Cruz
- Trump fires his personal assistant, John McEntee, then Trump campaign hires him
- Google cofounder's flying taxi takes to the skies in New Zealand
- Terror Police Investigate 'Unexplained' Death Of Russian Exile Nikolai Glushkov
- Lead exposure increases risk for premature deaths & cardiovascular diseases
- Deal struck in university pensions row
- Kim Kardashian Visits Kanye West in Jackson Hole: All the Details