While the rumours surrounding a player of his standing will continually spiral, given the amount of highly publicised rifts Neymar Jr has already been involved in at the club, it is not inconceivable that he will try to force a move back to Spain sooner rather than later.
Brazil have improved massively and are among the favourites for Russian Federation - and Neymar knows that only victory on the global stage would see him become a true legend in his homeland.
Recent reports had suggested the Brazilian had offered himself to former club Barcelona, but the Nou Camp giants have rejected this. "I would always put Ney on my team", he added.
Asked about the speculation on Friday, Real coach Zinedine Zidane said, "Neymar could play in all the clubs because he is very good, like many players". For aReal Madrid, which often values big names like David Beckham to make the club look larger than life, splashing such an exorbitant fee to acquire an effective goal scorer and a famed superstar wouldn't be out of character. In 10 years they might spend 400 million euros. Many in power even believe that this is just a tactic to soften the blow when he joins Real Madrid.
Strong rumors are swirling around in European media circles about Neymar and his discomfort at staying on with the French club PSG.
Neymar, meanwhile, is battling a foot injury and his status for the 2018 World Cup is unclear.
United welcome Sevilla to Manchester following a goalless draw in the first leg of their last-16 Champions League tie.
- Freeport-McMoRan Inc (FCX) Expected to Announce Earnings of $0.60 Per Share
- Pilot survives as five passengers die in NY helicopter crash
- Case Keenum to Sign Contract with Broncos After 1 Year with Vikings
- VP Pence: Joy Behar called and apologized so I forgave her
- Broadcom gets boost, Oclaro shares soar, and Johnson Control shares climb
- New Switch System Update Appears to be Coming Soon (5.0)
- Why Trump's tariff move may actually benefit China
- Man Utd contact Neymar: Jose Mourinho desperate to land PSG star
- Firmino: Liverpool hoping to face English opposition in Champions League
- White House expects North Korea summit to happen despite Pyongyang's silence