Bears fans expect the three-year $42 million deal to help to solve their prior receiver deficit.
There were high hopes that the Indianapolis Colts might land the top pass catcher available in free agency but it seems Allen Robinson has gone a different path while finding a new home. That means the Bears can match any offer from other teams, but won't receive compensation if they choose to not sign either player. However, the Jaguars' offense struggled in 2016, and so did Robinson. The following year saw Robinson catch 73 passes for 883 yards and six scores. But he enjoyed a breakout season the next year when he led the Bears with 66 catches and 888 receiving yards and tied for the team lead with four touchdown receptions.
Adding receivers for Trubisky was a top priority for Pace. But he'll be first in Mitch Trubisky's heart.
Both wide receiver Cameron Meredith and Josh Bellamy were given original round tenders at $1.907 million, per the Chicago Tribune.
With Robinson coming off of an ACL tear, a three-year deal makes a ton of sense and the good thing is he'll only be 27-years-old when the deal is up. It doesn't appear they value him as much as some thought.
How do you feel about the current state of the Bears? I mentioned this on the free agent primer podcast we did last week, saying that he wouldn't have competition for targets with the Bears, whereas if he went to the 49ers, he'd be competing for targets with Pierre Garcon, Marquise Goodwin, and even Trent Taylor at times.
- Seminoles return to NCAA tournament, will open against Missouri
- Allianz Asset Management GmbH Grows Stake in Barrick Gold Corp (NYSE:ABX)
- One killed, two others wounded in shootings at Plant City office
- American Idol premiere on ABC is least-watched in history
- Federer rolls into fourth round of Indian Wells
- Tillerson seeks neutral site for Trump-Kim talks
- Redmi 5 To Be Launched In India As An Amazon Exclusive
- Were Analysts Bearish Abcam Plc (LON:ABC) This Week?
- Penn State vs. Temple - 3/14/18 College Basketball Pick, Odds, and Prediction
- Craig Mack: Rapper and P Diddy protege dies aged 46