He said that despite the innuendo surrounding them, his remarks had in fact been a nuancing of the very stand of the People's Democratic Party (PDP) before a very select audience and was very much a part of the PDP's political philosophy and agenda of reconciliation.
A BJP leader in New Delhi, however, termed Chief Minister Mufti's decision to sack her finance minister as a "setback" to the alliance as it could widen the gap between the two parties.
The PDP leadership was apparently annoyed with Drabu for dismissing the political nature of the Kashmir issue although he himself had in the agenda of alliance got the clause inserted for political resolution of the problem by holding dialogue with all stake holders including the separatists who have been making anti-India statements and maligning the Indian Army and security forces.
"It was made in the larger context of how our society has been ravaged and has impaired real-life situations and sensibilities, especially of the youth".
He plunged into politics in 2014 when he joined the PDP and successfully contested the Assembly elections from his home constituency Rajpora in south Kashmir's Pulwama district.
Critics said the statement was proof of a "political sellout" by the PDP to stay in power. Drabu, he said, was often the bridge between the Jammu and Kashmir government and the Centre over a host of issues.
"I will not make a sales pitch here nor will I ask you for investments".
"I will hold the review of departmental meeting and decide the priorities".
He was the chairman and CEO of the Jammu & Kashmir Bank from 2005 to 2010.
Taking a veiled dig, Drabu said "as for my understanding of the political ideology of PDP, it is based on my drafting of various election manifestoes, the aspirational agenda, and the all-important Self Rule document, which Mufti (Mohammed Sayeed) Sahib involved me in". "It is a setback to the alliance", the BJP leader, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said. He was the public works (road and buildings) minister during the tenure of former CM Mufti Mohammad Sayeed. So, his party (PDP) took the decision and I feel it is the right decision, Abdullah told reporters here.
- Gigi Hadid & Zayn Malik Split After 2 Years of Dating
- Nicolas Cage will finally play Superman
- Devil May Cry Coming To Monster Hunter
- Apple opens WWDC 2018 registration: June 4-8 in San Jose
- State of Decay 2 Won't Have Microtransactions
- Buhari Writes NASS To Withhold Electoral Act Amendment
- Theni Forest Fire: How Women's Day special expedition turned into a tragedy
- Delhi Trade Bandh: Shops shut down to protest sealing
- Suhana Khan bags first project, mom Gauri can't keep calm
- National Football League free agency: Bills have 'some interest' in QB Sam Bradford