Others who missed out are: Phil Jones, Marcos Rojo, Ander Herrera and Daley Blind even as Eric Bailly took part despite an injury scare on Saturday.
Mourinho's men are aiming to qualify for the quarter-finals of Europe's elite club competition after playing out a goalless draw with the Spanish side in the first leg last month.
"(Pogba) did (train) after you left", Mourinho said.
"United has to be a team in the Champions League, so that victory was very important for us because we finished outside the top four". Sevilla fell to a demoralizing 2-0 defeat to Valencia at home and will look to bounce back. There were, however, wins against both Malaga and Athletic Bilbao in between that sandiwch of defeats.
Mourinho insisted the game against Sevilla was "more important" than the one just gone against Liverpool.
"So imagine if we were knocked out - it would be considered a disaster, but for me it would be a disappointment". The Portuguese had stated then that it is high time that Old Trafford experienced a big Champions League night. Think a 2-1 defeat to Huddersfield Town, a draw away at Leicester City.
And Red Devils boss Mourinho chose to single out Lukaku for special praise after Saturday's important 2-1 victory over Liverpool FC.
The France global midfielder was a late withdrawal from the Red Devils folds to face Liverpool in Premier League competition on Saturday. Away in London a week later, at Crystal Palace, a typically frustrating lethargic and complacent performance at Selhurst Park seemed to be set to put United into third.
Matic hopes to make the United fans proud again on Tuesday after a ruthless first-half display at Old Trafford, where things would have been far less nervy had Juan Mata managed to make it 3-0 with an acrobatic attempt. They rarely allowed United any meaningful time on the ball during the first leg and created a number of chances.
Hello and welcome to VAVEL UK's live minute-by-minute commentary of Manchester United's UEFA Champions League round of 16 second leg against Sevilla.
"It's a big comp, it would be the first time in 60 years for us to get through to this stage". I am expecting United to go through, mainly because this is the poorest Sevilla side in years.
- CDC chief: Missing epidemiologist was not passed over for promotion
- Wells Fargo & Company (WFC) EPS Estimated At $1.07
- Manila slams United Nations rights chief
- Craig Mack: Rapper and P Diddy protege dies aged 46
- Jose Mourinho calls Frank de Boer 'worst manager in Premier League history'
- Tillerson seeks neutral site for Trump-Kim talks
- Rabada takes 11 as Proteas level series
- Raptors ready to snap at National Basketball Association title rivals
- Pub Attack: Court acquits all the 26 accused
- Ball in Manchester United's court as Old Trafford prepares for Sevilla