These included the demand for a special category status for Andhra Pradesh, a discussion on the scam involving the Punjab National Bank as well as the government's move to make linking Aadhaar to a number of services mandatory.
Both the Houses of Parliament have failed to transact any business since the beginning of the second part of the Budget session of Parliament on March 5. On Monday, the Aam Aadmi Party too joined the protests in Rajya Sabha, demanding an end to the sealing drive in Delhi. This is for the second week in a row that both the Houses have been witnessing repeated protests by the opposition.
Members from different parties trooped near the Speaker's podium, raising slogans on different issues, including the banking irregularities.
TRS members demanded an increase in the quota of Muslim reservation in Telangana. The minister also introduced the Chit Funds (Amendment) Bill 2018.
MPs from other parties also protested inside the Parliament premises - the Trinamool Congress against Aadhaar, the YSR Congress Party for special status for Andhra Pradesh and the All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam for a Cauvery management board to be set up.
Chairman M Venkaiah Naidu adjourned the House till 2 PM amidst noisy scenes.
A question pertaining to the Ministry of Agriculture was taken up but as there was no improvement in the situation and nothing could be heard in the din, the chair adjourned the House till 12 noon. P J Kurien adjourned the House till tomorrow.
- How major U.S. stock indexes fared Monday
- VP Pence: Joy Behar called and apologized so I forgave her
- Tommy Wiseau tears us apart with Joker audition tape
- Miami art exhibit honors victims of Stoneman Douglas shooting
- Charlotte Vs Asuka Gets Endorsement From Hall of Famer
- Tata Sons selling US$1.25 billion worth of TCS shares
- Oil prices fall on relentless rise in USA crude output
- Richard Sherman: Chance to Face Seahawks Behind 49ers Switch
- Roger Federer crushes Filip Krajinovic in Indian Wells last 32
- Aditya Narayan arrested after his vehicle hits an autorickshaw