"Zephyr Airworks came here because of the ease of doing business in New Zealand, our safety-focused regulatory environment, our culture of ingenuity and our vision for clean technologies and future transport alternatives".
Kitty Hawk, the same group of California dreamers who introduced the leisure-focused Flyer previous year, has revealed an all-electric, self-piloted air taxi in New Zealand.
In April a year ago, Google co-founder Larry Page publicly announced he was building an electric, flying vehicle through a company called Kitty Hawk. The company led by Sebastian Thrun and backed by Google co-founder Larry Page returns today with a look at their new design.
Mr Johns says it is fitting that this part of the world hosts the trials of the electric self-piloting air taxi. We first saw the news via The New York Times.
Kitty Hawk says that Cora can fly up to 3,000 ft (915 m), has a range that's reckoned to be about 62 miles (100 km) per charge, which will make it good for short hops, and it's reported capable of getting up to 110 mph (180 km/h).
The company has secretly been testing their "flying cars" since October 2017 in the Canterbury region of New Zealand's South Island.
Kitty Hawk is based in California, and a company called Zephyr Airworks is their operator in New Zealand. Mr Page brought in Google-X founder and self-driving auto expert Sebastian Thrun to act as CEO of Kitty Hawk and former Virgin America and Delta CEO Fred Reid to head up Zephyr.
"Cora is the beginning of a journey towards everyday flight, where air travel will be woven into our daily lives", the creators said in a statement.
I've spoken to Thrun about the potential of flying "cars" in the past, and the former Google self-driving auto project pioneer is extremely bullish on the idea.
- Trump fires his personal assistant, John McEntee, then Trump campaign hires him
- SBI reduced minimum balance limit for savings account, effective on April 1
- Broncos DT Adam Gotsis arrested on 2013 rape charge
- Last Fantasy 7 Remake: What We Know So Far
- Buffalo Bills, Star Lotulelei agree to 5-year deal
- Finance minister to give brighter outlook for UK's Brexit-bound economy
- Pogba included in Man Utd squad to face Sevilla
- How Barbershops Could Play a Role in Lowering Blood Pressure
- Big Sean & Jhene Aiko's Relationship reportedly hits Rough Patch over Nicole Scherzinger
- 'Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald' Poster Teases the Deathly Hallows