"I was able to mix up my game nicely, make it hard for him".
Federer, who earned his fifth title at Indian Wells previous year, saved a set point in the second-set tiebreaker and advanced to face Filip Krajinovic yesterday.
"At the same time, I was having fun with my game, play variation, but for the most part I tried to go on the offensive".
American Amanda Anisimova took down two-time Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova 6-2, 6-4 in a match lasting just over an hour to become the first 16-year-old to move into the fourth round at Indian Wells since Viktoriya Kutuzova in 2005. "But at the same time, I just didn't feel good at all", he added. "So I'm very happy how things are turning out to be".
Roger Federer (SUI) during his third round match against Filip Krajinovic (not pictured) in the BNP Paribas Open at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden.
At one point he won 17 straight points en route to taking a 6-2, 3-0 lead, winning 10 of the final 11 games in the match. He said playing matches three days in a row doesn't faze him. We wait, we play, we wait again, we play again.
"At the Masters 1000s, when the format was different, it was the best-of-five-set finals in the finals. I think I'm okay". The 12-time Grand Slam champion was playing his first competitive match since recovery from a wrist injury that hampered his Australian Open campaign in January 2018. The other victory came in Rotterdam.
In other matches, Borna Coric of Croatia upset No. 13 Roberto Bautista Agut of Spain 6-1, 6-3; Jeremy Chardy beat No. 20 Adrian Mannarino 7-5, 4-6, 6-1 in an all-French matchup; and No. 11 Pablo Carreno Busta of Spain defeated Daniil Medvedev of Russian Federation 6-1, 7-5.
The Swiss world No.1 mixed overpowering serves and pin-point groundstrokes against the 25th-seeded Serbian to advance 6-2 6-1 in just 58 minutes.
- CM Punk claims he'll return to octagon at UFC 225 in Chicago
- Manila slams United Nations rights chief
- CDC chief: Missing epidemiologist was not passed over for promotion
- Ball in Manchester United's court as Old Trafford prepares for Sevilla
- Tillerson seeks neutral site for Trump-Kim talks
- Pub Attack: Court acquits all the 26 accused
- Explosion reported near Palestinian PM's convoy during Gaza visit
- Champions League preview: United v Sevilla
- Raptors ready to snap at National Basketball Association title rivals
- U.S. thinking about further tariffs on Chinese consumer goods and investments