Hip hop star Craig Mack, best known for single "Flava In Ya Ear", has died aged 46.
Several members of the hip-hop community have already taken to social media to offer their condolences regarding Mack's death.
He gained fame through P. Diddy's record label, #Bad Boy Entertainment, as he was signed at a time when the company was still in its infancy.
Mack's Bad Boy career was eventually eclipsed by another rapper on the same label: The Notorious B.I.G., whose debut album Ready to Die was also released in September 1994 was eventually certified four-times platinum.
Mack's debut album Project: Funk da Word was his most successful peaking at 21 on the USA album charts.
The rapper's follow-up album "Operation: Get Down", released by Street Life records in 1995 was unable to spawn a single anywhere near to the success of "Flava In Ya Ear". More recently he has devoted his life to religion.
Rapper Craig Mack has died at the age of 46, according to U.S. reports.
"I just got a disturbing phone call". Because Craig was my [roadie] on tour. Funkmaster Flex posted a photo of Craig Mack with Biggie Smalls that included the caption, "Rest in Peace!"
After a sophomore album in 1997 generated little publicity, Mack faded from the music scene and ultimately retired from rapping.
Its standout hit was "Flava In Ya Ear", which made it into the top 10 of the Billboard Hot 100 chart.
Rapper Biz Markie also paid tribute, saying: "He had two ideal singles and the platonic rap remix".
Alvin Toney, a frequent producer for Mack, was the first to announce that Craig Mack passed away on Tuesday morning.
"God bless my friend".
"He was prepared for whatever comes, to go home to the Lord", Toney added. "He wasn't scared. He was ready".
- CDC chief: Missing epidemiologist was not passed over for promotion
- Manila slams United Nations rights chief
- USA notes Taliban 'interest' in peace talks
- BYU receives 6 seed in NIT, will play Stanford in first round
- Flake files bill to stop the Trump tariffs
- Ball in Manchester United's court as Old Trafford prepares for Sevilla
- Villa beat Wolves to boost promotion hopes
- Explosion reported near Palestinian PM's convoy during Gaza visit
- LS adjourned till noon over Andhra demand, PNB scam
- Notre Dame Basketball: Irish will be a 1-seed in the NIT