On social media Monday, Punk strongly hinted that he'd be fighting at the event when asked about his next appearance by a fan. Whittaker, who met Rosenberg at a previous Wrestlemania event, proposed to his girlfriend Thursday, with the help of CM Punk.
Former WWE star CM Punk (real name Phil Brooks) had been expected to get back in the octagon sometime this year.
Without landing a significant strike, Punk suffered a submission loss to Mickey Gall via a rear-naked chokehold at the 2:45 mark of the first round in a welterweight fight at UFC 203 inside Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland.
Instead of giving up, though, Punk has remained dedicated to MMA.
He began working with Roufusport MMA Academy in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, home to multiple current and former UFC Champions.
CM Punk looked like an amateur fighter in his Octagon debut.
At the outset, Punk, who was making his not only his UFC but mixed martial arts debut, charged toward the center of The Octagon, Gall shot in and was successful with a takedown.
Punk has remained mum on the subject over the past several months. While the card also featured a heavyweight title fight between Stipe Miocic and Alistair Overeem, a fair amount of that interest could be attributed to Punk. But Chicago is an important location for Punk - it's his hometown, so this fight will carry even more significance than it already does. Punk did not mention any potential opponents for the card.
- Price Target Overview of Dick's Sporting Goods Inc. (DKS)
- Explosion reported near Palestinian PM's convoy during Gaza visit
- U.S. thinking about further tariffs on Chinese consumer goods and investments
- Raptors ready to snap at National Basketball Association title rivals
- Rakitic keeps door open for Neymar return
- After Perth, Ola drives into Sydney
- Aditya Narayan arrested after his vehicle hits an autorickshaw
- Villa beat Wolves to boost promotion hopes
- Notre Dame Basketball: Irish will be a 1-seed in the NIT
- Broadcom gets boost, Oclaro shares soar, and Johnson Control shares climb