In addition to making the tournament, No. 4 seed MSU will play host to No. 5 seed Nebraska at 8 p.m. Wednesday (ESPN2) at Humphrey Coliseum. The NIT features 32 teams and gives automatic berths to regular-season champions who don't win their conference tournaments.
Nebraska's game against the Sun Devils (21-12, 10-8 Pac-12) will be the eighth all-time meeting between the Huskers and Arizona State.
"The No. 1 seed is great".
Hopefully this year's momentum carries over into the 2018-2019 campaign, but until then, it's NIT time for Nebrasketball.
" I really do feel like we got slapped in the face".
On top of many firsts, the good news is that the Golden Eagles will have a packed house at The Al McGuire Center on Wednesday night.
"I'm sure they did have conversations among themselves in the last however many days", Padgett said when asked about the vote.
OR was given a No. 3 seed to the 2018 National Invitation Tournament and will face sixth-seeded Rider Tuesday at 7 p.m.in the opening round at Matthew Knight Arena.
The Bulldogs and Cornhuskers played an exhibition game October 22 in Starkville.
The Huskers will travel to Mississippi State to take on the fourth-seeded Bulldogs (22-11, 9-9 SEC). It's UW's first NIT appearance since the 2015-16 season when the Huskies finished the year 19-15 and lost in the second round. We just didn't know what the league was going to look like coming in... "But that's the way it goes".
Maybe more importantly, Nebraska didn't capitalize on the few opportunities for ever-important Quadrant 1 wins it did have. While describing Middle Tennessee State's absence from the NCAA bracket, NCAA Selection Committee chair Rasmussen may just as well have been talking about the Huskers. "It is what it is; we can still do something about it", said Head Coach Tim Miles after learning the Huskers were left out of the NCAA tournament on Selection Sunday. "They just didn't win those games". She wanted someone to open a door inside the house of Nebraska women's basketball coach Amy Williams, where Wood and her teammates had gathered to see if NU had landed in the NCAA tournament. They're on the same side of the bracket as No. 1 USC, No. 2 Utah and No. 3 Stanford.
- Rakitic keeps door open for Neymar return
- Report reveals Bay Area city topped list for happiest city in America
- Tommy Wiseau tears us apart with Joker audition tape
- Charlotte Vs Asuka Gets Endorsement From Hall of Famer
- White House expects North Korea summit to happen despite Pyongyang's silence
- Griezmann, Vitolo on target as Atletico beat Celta
- Miami art exhibit honors victims of Stoneman Douglas shooting
- Don't ask me for free PSL 2018 final tickets: Najam Sethi
- New Switch System Update Appears to be Coming Soon (5.0)
- Farc fails to win support in first national vote in Colombia