It's just another twist to the madness of March for UCLA, who will face St. Bonaventure in a play-in game at 6:10 p.m. PT on Tuesday, a brief 51 hours after the Bruins learned of their postseason destination on Sunday afternoon. The victor will face No. 6 seed Florida in Dallas on Thursday.
FAMILIAR ARENA PART 2: LIU Brooklyn coach Derek Kellogg was sacked by MA last season after losing to St. Bonaventure in the A-10 tournament.
It will be UCLA's first appearance in a play-in game. He was one of the top scorers in the Atlantic Ten with almost 20 points per game.
Arizona State opened the season with 12-0 record, but the Sun Devils (20-11) went 1-5 in the last 6 games of the and should count themselves lucky to have made it to the "Big Dance". The Wildcats then turned around and beat the Bonnies in the conference tournament by 12.
BONNIES BELONG: St. Bonaventure is driven by the guard play of seniors Jaylen Adams (19.8 points per game) and Matt Mobley (18.5). They ended the regular season on an 11-game winning streak before winning two games in the conference tournament.
LIGHTING UP THE SCOREBOARD: The Bruins are second in the Pac-12 in scoring (81.9 points per game) and lead the conference in rebounding.
Crosstown rival USC did not receive an at-large bid, despite its second-place showing at the Pac-12 Tournament. "And now we're in the NCAA Tournament, and that's a very good accomplishment". If the Bruins win, they'll end up missing the entire week of school during the last week of classes before winter quarter final exams.
The Bruins had an early and global role in college basketball's season of scandal.
He confirmed that Stockard is a game-time decision for the Bruins, but that the outlook was "more positive than negative". UCLA has a little more experience, and a little more talent.
The tired Bruins didn't practice Saturday after returning from Las Vegas and didn't take the court Sunday, either.
The Bruins (21-11) will face No. 11-seed St. Bonaventure (25-7) in a First Four matchup in Dayton, Ohio, on Tuesday (6:10 PST).
This also means that if the Bruins want to get back to the Sweet Sixteen, they will have to win three-consecutive games in one week. Get your 100% signup bonus today.
- Jose Mourinho calls Frank de Boer 'worst manager in Premier League history'
- Djokovic, Zverev upset at Indian Wells
- Manila slams United Nations rights chief
- Federer rolls into fourth round of Indian Wells
- U.S. thinking about further tariffs on Chinese consumer goods and investments
- Seminoles return to NCAA tournament, will open against Missouri
- Germany's Merkel to press Ukraine peace talks after Russian election
- Ball in Manchester United's court as Old Trafford prepares for Sevilla
- Southampton should replace Pellegrino with Mark Hughes - Robbie Savage
- Raptors ready to snap at National Basketball Association title rivals