However, the company missed out on the Zenfone 5 Max, which could be an affordable version with a capacious battery for a long-lasting backup.
Going by the Geekbench results, the Zenfone 5 Max's processor could be clocked at 1.61GHz. The phone manages a decent single-core score of 1518 and multi-core score of 5386 when compared with devices with Snapdragon 600 series SoC that we have reviewed in past. The entire Asus ZenFone 4 series, launched with Android Nougat, were supposed to receive an update to Android Oreo in the second half of 2018.
According to the Geekbench listing, the phone in question is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 SoC with 4GB RAM.
Back in December a year ago, Taiwan-based ASUS rolled out Android 8.0 Oreo update for ZenFone 4. The ZenFone 5 Max had received the Wi-Fi Alliance certification before the company's MWC 2017 event in Barcelona, Spain, so it was being expected that ASUS would showcase it along with the three other phones from the ZenFone 5 series. No other details of the phone have been mentioned in the listing. As far as its display is concerned, it will reportedly feature a 5.7-inch screen with Full HD+ screen resolution (1920×1080 pixels) and 18:9 aspect ratio. A fingerprint scanner could be placed at the back of the phone, right below the camera module. Now, it is known that the latest smartphones from Asus in the flagship Zenfone lineup will be the Asus Zenfone 5 and the Asus Zenfone 5Z.
- Flake files bill to stop the Trump tariffs
- Ball in Manchester United's court as Old Trafford prepares for Sevilla
- Raptors ready to snap at National Basketball Association title rivals
- Explosion reported near Palestinian PM's convoy during Gaza visit
- Wells Fargo & Company (WFC) EPS Estimated At $1.07
- USA notes Taliban 'interest' in peace talks
- South Korean President: summits to bring significant change
- CM Punk claims he'll return to octagon at UFC 225 in Chicago
- Pub Attack: Court acquits all the 26 accused
- Penn State vs. Temple - 3/14/18 College Basketball Pick, Odds, and Prediction