The resignation comes the same day that Iowa Starting Line released a video online showing Dix, who is married with three children, kissing another woman who is a registered lobbyist at The Waveland in Des Moines. Dix from media reports.
"Effective at 2pm today, Bill Dix resigned his position as Majority Leader and State Senator".
Dix began serving in the Iowa Senate in 2011 and became majority leader in 2013.
Sen. Dix made headlines earlier this year after the state settled a lawsuit with former Iowa Senate GOP staffer Kirsten Anderson, who claimed she was sacked after complaining about sexual harassment in Senate Republican offices. Sen. Before that, he served in Iowa's House of Representatives starting in 1997. "Senate Republicans will continue to move the policies Iowans elected us to pursue". I'm hoping to meet with Leader Dix this afternoon and better understand what the facts are.
The GOP majority recently hired a human resources manager to address sexual harassment complaints. Someone who was afraid of the consequences of their behavior would not be doing something like that in public. "Liberal activist judges are threatening our family values and you can count on me to be a leader in Congress who will stand up to them and work to pass this amendment to the United States Constitution".
Carlson did not indicate whether the footage amounted to any actionable legal issues, but questioned Dix's judgment by putting himself in such a position.
Kim Reynolds was asked about the video in her Monday press conference. "Even if he doesn't ever say the words to her, it's just inherent in the power differential that he will always have an upper hand".
Dix is a farmer from Shell Rock.
- Cech Reaches Milestone As Arsenal End Winless Run
- Air Canada computer issues force flight cancellation at Victoria airport
- Two hospitalized after 'suspicious package' found at United Kingdom parliament
- Brooklyn Nets' Joe Harris Celebrates University of Virginia's ACC Tournament Win
- Encompass Capital Advisors LLC Raises Stake in Patterson-UTI Energy, Inc. (PTEN)
- Buckeyes return to NCAA tournament, face South Dakota State in opener
- Rainfall, wind likely as low-pressure intensifies
- Trump stumps for Republican Saccone in tight PA race
- Manchester United's Paul Pogba trains 'a little bit' ahead of Sevilla
- ABC pulled a political episode of Black-ish over "creative differences"