The session will begin with the Governor's address and the state government is likely to introduce the State Budget, the last one of the present TRS regime, on March 15.
The headphones struck TRS Legislative Council Chairperson Swamy Goud in the eye. His cornea is believed to be partially damaged. And then some of the members tore up the Governor's speech copy and flung the pieces towards the podium.
Telangana Governor ESL Narasimhan has said that the state government is striving hard to achieve "Bangaru Telangana" by taking up developmental and welfare programmes. The ruckus continued in the house while the governor quickly completed his speech and left the hall.
Congress members who sat quietly for sometime when the Governor began his speech, later stood up carrying placards silently. "They came to the House planned to create disturbances".
Rao said the authorities of the Assembly have been asked to submit a report on Monday's proceedings. TRS MLC Swamy Goud eye injured! With the key initiatives taken up by the government to increase productivity like farm mechanization, supply of quality seeds, fertilizers, poly-houses, a record production of food grains during the year 2016-17 was 101.29 lakh tonnes, Mr Narasimhan said. He said the marshals deployed by the government outnumbered the legislators.
The ruling Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) has accused the Congress lawmaker of hooliganism in the assembly and demanded action against Venkat Reddy. Bharatiya Janata Party MLAs had boycotted the governor's address.
This was also indicated by Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao to his MLAs and MLCs in the party's legislature party meeting on Sunday. He claimed that the state had become a role model for the other states in terms of development.
- Cech Reaches Milestone As Arsenal End Winless Run
- Two hospitalized after 'suspicious package' found at United Kingdom parliament
- Rainfall, wind likely as low-pressure intensifies
- Manchester United's Paul Pogba trains 'a little bit' ahead of Sevilla
- Buckeyes return to NCAA tournament, face South Dakota State in opener
- Comerica's (CMA) "Buy" Rating Reaffirmed at BMO Capital Markets
- DGCA grounds A320 Neo planes with Pratt & Whitney engines
- Video appears to show Iowa Senate leader kissing lobbyist at bar
- Brooklyn Nets' Joe Harris Celebrates University of Virginia's ACC Tournament Win
- Encompass Capital Advisors LLC Raises Stake in Patterson-UTI Energy, Inc. (PTEN)