One of the men had a gun tucked into his waistband.
"The event focuses on global friendship", said Carla Bates, the overseas committee chair for Iwakuni Girl Scouts.
Police say two white men in their 20s, both in gray sweatshirts and khaki trousers, tried to rob the Girl Scouts.
Nothing was stolen in the incident, Cool said.
A group of Girl Scouts were the victims of an attempted armed robbery in Tacoma, Washington. We are grateful that no one was harmed, although of course they are shaken.
Sunday is the last day to buy Girl Scout Cookies in Colorado
Kazuko Morioka, a troop leader of Yamaguchi Prefecture troop 37, said that this event was a good start toward a long-lasting partnership between the American and Japanese Girl Scouts.
Since its founding, Girl Scouts has emphasized the importance of being civically engaged, by teaching and encouraging girls to create positive change in their communities through advocacy and action. The gunman first posed as a customer, then came back holding a pistol and stole all the cookie money, the East Bay Times reports.
Girl Scouts from the Lee Service Unit pose with boxes of cookies Sunday.
Like this story? Share it with a friend!
- Barnett suspended for opening round NCAA Tournament game
- Brooklyn Nets' Joe Harris Celebrates University of Virginia's ACC Tournament Win
- President Sirisena holds talks with Modi and Solheim
- The Witchwood is Hearthstone's next expansion, adds a new single-player mode
- FCC is accusing startup for launching satellites without permission
- Four-alarm fire roils NE 75th Avenue industrial area
- CBSE discontinues various subjects taught at Class IX and XI
- Video appears to show Iowa Senate leader kissing lobbyist at bar
- Law student involved in drunk driving case in Mukherjee Nagar, New Delhi
- Telangana Legislative Council Chairman hit by microphone in assembly