One of the men had a gun tucked into his waistband.
"The event focuses on global friendship", said Carla Bates, the overseas committee chair for Iwakuni Girl Scouts.
Police say two white men in their 20s, both in gray sweatshirts and khaki trousers, tried to rob the Girl Scouts.
Nothing was stolen in the incident, Cool said.
A group of Girl Scouts were the victims of an attempted armed robbery in Tacoma, Washington. We are grateful that no one was harmed, although of course they are shaken.
Photo released of two men who tried to rob Girl Scouts in Tacoma
Kazuko Morioka, a troop leader of Yamaguchi Prefecture troop 37, said that this event was a good start toward a long-lasting partnership between the American and Japanese Girl Scouts.
Since its founding, Girl Scouts has emphasized the importance of being civically engaged, by teaching and encouraging girls to create positive change in their communities through advocacy and action. The gunman first posed as a customer, then came back holding a pistol and stole all the cookie money, the East Bay Times reports.
Girl Scouts from the Lee Service Unit pose with boxes of cookies Sunday.
Like this story? Share it with a friend!
- Law student involved in drunk driving case in Mukherjee Nagar, New Delhi
- Four-alarm fire roils NE 75th Avenue industrial area
- Zia Orphanage Trust graft case: HC grants Khaleda four-month interim bail
- FCC is accusing startup for launching satellites without permission
- CBSE discontinues various subjects taught at Class IX and XI
- Video appears to show Iowa Senate leader kissing lobbyist at bar
- Manchester United's Paul Pogba trains 'a little bit' ahead of Sevilla
- Earnings Clues on Exxon Mobil Corporation (XOM), Twitter, Inc. (TWTR) Analyst's Predictions
- Court dismisses Gupta firms' bid to halt Bank of Baroda's SA exit
- Loganair launches new routes from Carlisle