The playmaker hit the half-century in the eighth minute of the Emirates Stadium encounter, with his looping free-kick headed home by Shkodran Mustafi for Arsenal's 1,000th home goal of the Premier League era.
Cech saved his first penalty for Arsenal when he stopped Troy Deeney's kick in the second half - sweet revenge for Arsenal following the striker's taunts that the Gunners had lacked "cojones" in defeat at Vicarage Road in October.
"We have had a disappointing period and our supporters suffered like we suffered". We have to get the fans on our side, and do absolutely everything to achieve it.
The game also saw Petr Cech keep his 200th English Premier League clean sheet.
"It's an unbelievable personal milestone obviously", Cech said. The Europa league seems to be the only glimmer of hope for a piece of silverware, and a way into the champions league for Arsenal. He left the club with 165 clean sheets in the Premier League, being only 4 away of the previous record established by David James over 18 seasons and 572 games in the Premier League.
'I remember very well every time he refused the biggest clubs to stay at Arsenal. "Whenever I play against Arsenal, I'll go up and think 'let me whack the first one and see who wants it'".
"Of course I worry because I want our fans to be behind our team and be happy", Wenger told Standard Sport.
The Czech Republic and former Chelsea 'keeper also saved a penalty on his way to bringing up a 200th EPL clean sheet over the last 14 years.
However, Ozil wouldn't be denied his 50th EPL assist for long.
Wenger, 68, signed a two-year contract extension at the end of last season to take his tenure in charge well into a third decade. After a hard Thursday night game, on Sunday morning we still had the spirit to stick together.
With the Gunners 2-0 up at the Emirates, Ainsley Maitland-Niles conceded a penalty with a foul on Watford midfielder Roberto Pereyra. But, I would like to personally congratulate him for a remarkable achievement. They all say no, but we know all - it's not true.
They managed to secure themselves a much needed 2-0 win against AC Milan at the San Siro in the first leg of the Round of 16 stage of the competition.
- Traders Secrets on Range Resources Corporation (RRC), The Coca-Cola Company (KO)
- Manchester United's Paul Pogba trains 'a little bit' ahead of Sevilla
- Video appears to show Iowa Senate leader kissing lobbyist at bar
- Syria's Douma faces catastrophe: local council
- The Witchwood is Hearthstone's next expansion, adds a new single-player mode
- Ready Player One SXSW Premiere Has Technical Difficulties with Spielberg in Attendance
- Is Momentum Shifting? - Texas Instruments Incorporated (TXN), Keryx Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. (KERX)
- Jackpot Fever Rises As Mega Millions & Powerball Roll Over Again
- Jimmy Graham, Saints have mutual interest in reunion
- Raiders' Sean Smith sentenced to year in jail, cut from team