Here's some good news to start your week: Gasoline prices in the Bradenton-Sarasota area fell nearly a nickel per gallon in the past week, averaging $2.46 a gallon on Monday, according to GasBuddy's daily survey of area gas outlets.
Last week, the average was $2.27 for both counties.
GasBuddy.com said, after surveying 361 gas outlets in Baton Rouge, "average retail gasoline prices in Baton Rouge have fallen 3.8 cents per gallon in the past week". Including the change in gas prices in Sacramento during the past week, prices yesterday were 33.6 cents per gallon higher than the same day one year ago and are 3.7 cents per gallon higher than a month ago. Month over month the price dropped by 4 cents a gallon but remain almost 23 cents a gallon higher year over year. Modesto- $3.19/g, up 5.2 cents per gallon from last week's $3.13/g. "Pump prices are sliding right now because crude and gasoline output have remained strong".
According to Gasbuddy, states where prices moved most last week were: MI (up 7 cents); California, Indiana, and OH (up 4 cents); Kentucky and Florida (down 4 cents); and Georgia, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, and Colorado (down 3 cents).
The AAA has warned that average prices this spring and into summer could hit $2.70 a gallon. Thus far, we have seen a market that's lacked solid upward movement when it usually sees exactly that.
But DeHaan said while prices have remained in a middle ground analysis are expecting a surge in the months ahead. On Tuesday, the EIA released updated its Short-Term Energy Outlook, noting WTI crude oil prices will average $58 per barrel in 2018 and 2019.
- Cech Reaches Milestone As Arsenal End Winless Run
- Loganair launches new routes from Carlisle
- Jackpot Fever Rises As Mega Millions & Powerball Roll Over Again
- Trump stumps for Republican Saccone in tight PA race
- Air Canada computer issues force flight cancellation at Victoria airport
- Encompass Capital Advisors LLC Raises Stake in Patterson-UTI Energy, Inc. (PTEN)
- Video appears to show Iowa Senate leader kissing lobbyist at bar
- Sorry to Bother You Trailer: Lakeith Stanfield Leads the Bizarre Comedy
- Brooklyn Nets' Joe Harris Celebrates University of Virginia's ACC Tournament Win
- Rainfall, wind likely as low-pressure intensifies